johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101476 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:21 AM

Johnny, you're as predictable as a Wisconsin RB running for 300+ yards against the Huskers by going right to the tired, old "you're just a bad fan" trope.  Surprised you didn't call me a Nazi racist, too, as many intellectually lazy folks do these days when they can't argue the merits of their position.

I notice, that you don't present an argument against my actual point -- that Nebraska football has been average to shitty for about 18 years now.  And that despite the comings and goings of coaches, assistants, ADs, and players, nothing has ever really changed.  There's been no discernible improvement toward becoming a well-coached, disciplined football team that plays hard each play and can be a Top 10 team, consistently.

Those are facts my friend. 

But continue calling me a bad fan if it eases your pain.  Eventually, you'll get to the same numb place that I am, where you just don't give a shit anymore.

Some Husker Fans = Spoiled Rotten Brats

I remember being concerned eight years ago that we could easily lose a generation of fans as it had been twelve years since NU had won anything of significance. It has now been twenty years and a full generation has passed. That’s a lot of patience even for those like yourself that watched NU during the Roosevelt administration.

Meh.  We live in a microwave society.  People get pissed if they wait in a drive-thru more than two minutes.  I'm not pulling the old trite comparison of "Osborne didn't win a national championship for 17 tears" or even the comparison of Dabo at Clemson or Saban at Alabama or even Michigan State, but jeebus christo, a season and a half in and whiny little bitches are calling for frosty blood and being dicks to players. 

FDR would've lost WWII with this line of thought.  And you'd have been more accurate in your historical reference by going further back in time, as Rome wasn't built in a day.

football the last 10 years for me has become about tailgating with good friends, except Johnny, because Johnny hasn't ever stopped by.

JH, you ever get an invite to any of these tailgates? Yeah, me neither.  :ninja:

we don't have any wheel chair access

I made an appearance to one, but it's been a while.  The trip's a bitch nowadays.  

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#22 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12983 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

Some people get pissed, some people piss. How are those depends working?

Year 1, Scott Frost Husker Reclamation Project...

Tanner Farmer - "I don't just want to win a Big Ten championship. I want to win *the* championship. That's my goal. A lot of people say winning the national championship isn't a realistic goal. Well, I'm not about realistic. I want it all. Go big or go home. Thank you."

#23 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9376 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:26 AM

Johnny, you're as predictable as a Wisconsin RB running for 300+ yards against the Huskers by going right to the tired, old "you're just a bad fan" trope.  Surprised you didn't call me a Nazi racist, too, as many intellectually lazy folks do these days when they can't argue the merits of their position.

I notice, that you don't present an argument against my actual point -- that Nebraska football has been average to shitty for about 18 years now.  And that despite the comings and goings of coaches, assistants, ADs, and players, nothing has ever really changed.  There's been no discernible improvement toward becoming a well-coached, disciplined football team that plays hard each play and can be a Top 10 team, consistently.

But continue calling me a bad fan if it eases your pain.  Eventually, you'll get to the same numb place that I am, where you just don't give a shit anymore.

Wouldn't dispute the state of Husker football.  It's been abominable.  I do see some improvement from the recent past,

Where is this improvement you see?  What has improved since Frost took over?

I can't tell that there's been any improvement.  In fact, I think the team has regressed in many areas. 

#24 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101476 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

Wouldn't dispute the state of Husker football.  It's been abominable.  I do see some improvement from the recent past,

Where is this improvement you see?  What has improved since Frost took over?

I can't tell that there's been any improvement.  In fact, I think the team has regressed in many areas. 

S&C.  People underestimate the loss of Farmer and Foster.  Newly minted skill players can make a first year impression much more easily than boy mountains in the trenches.

No quit.  Can't say that for a Riley team.

The light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train running down Penelope Pittstop.

Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#25 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14612 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:23 AM

offensively, I dont see improvement.  there's a lot of potential reasons for that, the main ones being youth and inexperience, but for the most part if the OL cant do their job nobody else can do theirs

defensively, I actually see a lot of improvement, particularly the secondary.  yes, they all still make mistakes, and yes Minny and OSU ran all over them, but I still see improvement.  

the team has a soph walkon starting at LG.  the starting RT should prob be playing RG instead.  OL isnt like RB or WR where you can over-recruit the spot to try to get a frosh to step in and start.  NU shouldnt be having a redshirt frosh converted TE play his first live snaps at C to open the season, he should have 2 more years of learning behind a veteran and experienced OL group.  instead he's learning the position on the fly, and his backups are another redshirt frosh and a true frosh and a walkon.  

yes, most of the roster is now "SF's guys" but most of them are also 18 and 19 years old playing against 21/22 year olds who have years of experience on the field and the weight room.  

next year is when we can start to really get a look at where we are or arent seeing improvement.  and that goes for the coaching staff as well.  

but shit, lets at least give them some time.  someone took the equivalent of modern day Alabama and turned them into a laughing stock in about 5 years and a few failed head coaches later the program was being run by a career .500 coach from the west coast, so yeah, I'm thinking maybe 20 years of neglect cant be fixed in 1.5 years.  If the NU program was a house, you'd probably just tear it down and build new, and that's probably exactly what SF and staff are doing right now.  

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#26 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12983 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:25 PM

Reason for lack of improvement my be traced to AM's weight gain, and injuries to key players. Center issues of course contributed early on as well.
Patience

Year 1, Scott Frost Husker Reclamation Project...

Tanner Farmer - "I don't just want to win a Big Ten championship. I want to win *the* championship. That's my goal. A lot of people say winning the national championship isn't a realistic goal. Well, I'm not about realistic. I want it all. Go big or go home. Thank you."

#27 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101476 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:00 PM

main-qimg-5448df8ca9bd08ef51b4ec7a9244b0

Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#28 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9376 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:42 PM

BTW, I have a bad feeling about the Indiana game.

IU 38

NU 13

Due mostly to a continued struggle by NU to effectively run the ball, and stop the run. 

#29 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9376 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:05 AM

I've seen enough to know that Scott Frost isn't going to change things at Nebraska.  It's the same shit, over and over.

Then again, you could have a NU coaching staff of Nick Saban (Head Coach), Lincoln Riley (Offensive Coord) and Dabo Swinney (Defensive Coord) and the team would still be an utter shit show.

The coaches change, and the players change, but the outcome remains the same:  a below average, poorly coached and undisciplined group of individuals who call themselves a football team.

I've lost faith in NU football to ever return to being competitive again.  Not a champion, or even an excellent team -- just competitive. 

Here's what I don't understand:  how can Frost and his coaching staff take a UCF team that was 0-12 in 2015 and turn them into a 13-0 team in 2017 -- but can't get Nebraska to being an average football team!???

I can't even........

You fuckers know I'm right, you just don't want to admit it.

It's difficult to labor under the burden of being the only voice of reason on this board.

At the end of 2022 season, after Nebraska has gone 3-9 or 4-8 for the 6th straight year, you will remember this thread and finally say, "Damn, Huskerfan is a football genius.  We shoulda listened to him back in 2019."

Johnny, however, will still be clinging to the mantra of "Frost just needs more time." :angry:

#30 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14612 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:55 AM

QB - So/So/Fr (no other upperclassmen)

RB - Fr/Jr (JUCO transfer)/Fr (Jr non-contributor) (also note that Im putting WanDale here since he now appears to be our starting RB and starting WR)

WR - FR (Wandale again), Jr (Spielman), So (Warner), Sr (grad transfer) also 2 other Srs, 4 Fr, 1 So

TE - Jr/So/So 

LT - Jr/So

LG - So/So

C - RFr/RFr

RG - Jr/Jr

RT - Jr/Fr

NT - Sr (grad transfer), So

DE - Sr/Jr

DE - Sr/So

OLB - Sr/Fr

OLB - So/Jr

ILB - Sr/Jr

ILB - Jr/Fr

CB - Sr/RFr

CB - Jr/Fr

S - So/Sr

S - Jr/So

looking at this, I'm not seeing a lot of upperclassmen, and the ones that I do are probably not playing that great.  where is the internal upperclassman leadership?  There is none.  

the only way this team will improve on offense is with a better OL, and that takes development and S&C time.  however, I would not be surprised in the least to see the OL look different next season even with all 5 starters returning.  There's a chance that Benhart and Piper can make big moves in the offseason and earn starting spots next season.  

as for the defense, the DL has been ok this season, but the LB play has been horrible to the point that opposing coaches have openly called it out as their gameplan.  that can only be fixed through recruiting.  

the team is young and the coaches are learning on the job as well.  

I think SF will get it done, it's just going to take time.  

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#31 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9376 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:52 AM

I'm going to set the line at 255 yard rushing for Jonathan Taylor on Saturday.  Do you take the over or under?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users