rr05

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

Can't seem to break old bad habits. And opposing teams know they aren't out of it.

You're all a bunch of fairweather fucks!

#3 Boxcar

Boxcar

Broken Record

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:17 PM

Can't seem to break old bad habits. And opposing teams know they aren't out of it.

Yep. The team simply doesn’t know how to win. No lead is safe, no killer instinct and after that first score by CU they started wilt. The fact that we’ve never won a road game under Frost and have yet to SCORE in the last five overtimes dating back to 2014 tells you all you need to know about the mental makeup of this program. A long, long way to go.
"We ran into a buzz saw tonight." Mike Riley following the Arkansas State game

#4 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9828 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:51 AM

To me it looked like our offense just went to conservative and could not get a first down in the second half.  this kept out defense on the field and they got gassed which showed late in the third and the fourth.

I think the defense played well, but you can't keep them on the field the whole damn second half.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#5 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100857 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:15 AM

To me it looked like our offense just went to conservative and could not get a first down in the second half.  this kept out defense on the field and they got gassed which showed late in the third and the fourth.

I think the defense played well, but you can't keep them on the field the whole damn second half.

Of nearly everything (excluding the results in the trenches, and the run game, and AM's reworked throwing motion), the notion of being "gassed", even at altitude, disturbs me the most.

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#6 Boxcar

Boxcar

Broken Record

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

Of nearly everything (excluding the results in the trenches, and the run game, and AM's reworked throwing motion), the notion of being "gassed", even at altitude, disturbs me the most.

Meh.

It happened in 97 and 99 too but NU found a way to hang on.
"We ran into a buzz saw tonight." Mike Riley following the Arkansas State game

#7 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14601 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:40 AM

there's definitely a number of things going on right now that need fixing.  

keep in mind that this is SF and staff first P5 job.  imo he prob got a little cocky/overconfident with being able to do whatever he wanted in the crap conference he was in before.  

thus far this season I think that we're seeing natural struggles with 2 new interior linemen, especially one being a redshirt frosh converted TE starting at OC for the first time in his life... the guy who has to snap the ball and make the line calls.  yeah I'm sure there wont be growing pains there.  

I'm not sure if the WRs are the problem, if it's AM not making the right reads, or if it's subpar playcalling; so I'm going to say it's a combination of all three.  

defensively, I really dont see how we could ask for anything more at this point.  the defense is light years ahead of last season.  yeah they got torched in the 4th quarter but that was after their offense hung them out to dry the entire 3rd quarter.  

anyway, the team and coaches gave this one away.  hopefully they can learn from it and improve.

the outlook for the season doesnt look good right now.  there are a lot of things that need to get corrected, especially on offense.  

when they're good, they're good.  but I think I read somewhere that NU only had 4 drives that didnt have a penalty or a negative play and they scored on all 4 of those.  

anyway, if the team plays the way they did these first 2 weeks it will be an interesting season.  

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users