• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14591 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

it's well underway already...

P Caleb Lightbourne is gone

OLB Breon Dixon gone

OLB Quayshon Alexander gone

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#2 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14591 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:50 AM

other candidates (based on pure speculation on my part, no inside info or rumors):

DB Avery Anderson - maybe grad transfer?  not sure.  he's basically never played and now he's a senior.  I dont think he's going anywhere but you never know

DB Tony Butler - has bounced between S and CB over 3-4 years and has never played and now has been passed up by younger players

DB Cam Jones - I know he's only a year into the program, but I'm hearing he's not doing his part in the classroom and may be at risk of being academically ineligible

OLB Pernell Jefferson - has never played, not sure he ever will

OLB David Alston - still only a redshirt frosh, but if he's getting passed over by incoming frosh and/or walkons, maybe he's not cut out for NU

RB Jaylin Bradley - apparantly dealt with some off the field stuff last season, but by all appearances he had the potential opportunity of his career by being the only fully healthy and available schollie RB this spring, and didnt capitalize.  I fully expect him to be behind Mo Washington, Mills, Johnson, and possibly Thompkins depending on where he's at in his recovery from knee surgery

WR Jaevon McQuitty - whether it's the injury or what, and similar to Bradley, McQuitty had this spring with a weak and depleted WR corps to really make his mark and by all accounts has failed to do so.  

there's usually a surprise transfer, someone seeking more playing time elsewhere, but we may have seen that with Dixon (his lack of playing time, though, was rumored to be directly related to his activities off the field).  Lightbourne and Alexander arent suprises at this point.  

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#3 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100140 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:37 AM

If lack of playing time affected Dixon's off-field challenges, then maturity was a problem as well.

A move made because of discontent if often a future hemorrhoid wherever it lands anyway.

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#4 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100140 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:39 AM

LB depth really sucks though.  Frosh better come  through or the Huskers are really screwed.

Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#5 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14591 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:28 AM

DB/S Cam'Ron Jones has announced he's transferring.  

#6 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100140 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

I was excited about Jones, but it appears the classroom wasn't a priority.

Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#7 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14591 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:48 AM

same here, and that's what I've heard.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users