Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9791 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:11 PM

Look like Frosty got Wandale Robinson to change his mind and dump Stoops and Kentucky to go to Nebraska.

https://247sports.co...IR85mHjev6bgkJs

"

Frankfort (Ky.) Western Hills Top247 all-purpose back Wandale Robinson will play his college football at Nebraska.

The four-star recruit decommitted from Kentucky on Tuesday evening and went public with his plans to play for the Huskers on Wednesday.Robinson fell in love with the Big Ten program during his official visit the first weekend of September and could never shake the feeling, even after he gave his pledge to the Wildcats on Nov. 1.

“It’s one of those places that stuck with me,” Robinson told 247Sports. “A place that stuck with me the whole time.”

Scott Frost and his staff stuck with Robinson the whole time as well.

Ranked by the 247Sports Top247 Player Rankings as the No. 2 all-purpose back in America and No. 1 recruit in Kentucky, Robinson was leaning towards Nebraska in the days leading up to his first announcement, but at almost literally the last minute, changed his mind and opted for the in-state school. The Huskers kept in contact to hang in there and over the last two weeks sent coaches to the house in Ryan Held and then Troy Walters.Slowly, Robinson found his way back.

“It feels really good,” Robinson said. “Obviously some things happened the night before my commitment but now things are settled and this is where my heart was at first.”

The visits with Held and Walters were big for Robinson, who as a senior won Mr. Football in the state of Kentucky after another monster season which included 1,973 yards rushing, 725 yards receiving and 45 total touchdowns, 30 by rush, 11 by reception, one scoop and score, one pick six and two punt returns. Robinson added 119 tackles as a senior filling the box score as well as any prospect in the country.

“They were telling me they’ll do everything they can to make my college experience go the way I want it to go, being on offense, special teams and accomplishing all the goals I strive to get,” Robinson said and he has lofty expectations for himself in Lincoln.

“I want to lead the Big Ten in all-purpose yards, win the Paul Hornung Award and down the line the Heisman Trophy,” Robinson said. He’ll cap his prep career as playing in the All-American Bowl on Jan. 5 before enrolling early at Nebraska. Robinson believes Frost and his style of play can get him to those goals.

“It was really the opportunity out there and the opportunity I have to be part of that offense and a place that has a need for me where I can play running back and receiver at the same time," he explained. "Obviously having Adrian Martinez as the quarterback and the way they played at the end of the year, things are looking good for next year. The way this 2019 class looks too.”

"

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#2 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14545 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

nice work by SF, Held, Walters, etc to stay on this kid

apparently he always wanted to choose NU (as has been said previously) but changed to KY to make his family, fans, classmates, and the state happy.

it will be interesting to see how the staff uses all of these players like JD, Robinson, Washington, Jones, etc who all seem pretty capable of doing stuff with this offense. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users