(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9789 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:52 PM

Dibs on Oregon St.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#2 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14527 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:32 AM

lol.  I actually figured it would be Lamar Jackson to transfer this week, but Lindsey makes sense, too. 

I don't want to bash the kid, but I've heard since his arrival that he's had trouble picking up the offense both in Riley's system and in Frost's.  plus the rhabdo incident in the spring might indicate that maybe he's not been doing the proper things outside of practice, and the playing time he's gotten seems to show that he maybe hasn't been doing what he needs to do in practice, either.  plus, he's behind JD Spielman, who has the same eligibility remaining, so he's probably looking at a long road of hard work to maybe never be a starter in Lincoln. 

I thought he would have been a perfect fit in this offense, but we're not really going to miss his production, which was minimal up to this point.  hell, I think Kade Warner looked better catching passes and blocking on the perimeter in his first game than Lindsey did at any point this season. 

the thing that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, though, is that with this 4 game redshirt rule, why even bother to get a release now?  give yourself more time to find a new school at semester?  you still miss the remainder of this season (redshirt) and then still have to sit out a year next year after the transfer.  you end up with the same amount of eligibility, whether you play the rest of this season and then redshirt during your transfer year, or redshirt now and then burn a year of eligibility while you sit.  oh well. 

hopefully the two JUCO WRs and McQuitty finally get their shit together and start contributing before we run Spielman and Morgan into the ground. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#3 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14527 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:42 AM

probably the best thing for a kid in this situation with multiple years of eligibility remaining is to quit after 4 games, use your redshirt for that season, then transfer to a JUCO at semester, get your JUCO degree in a half a semester or a year, and then go back to a Div 1A school and be eligible immediately.

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#4 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97994 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:51 AM

Thought this one would happen.  He tired of the freshman locker room...

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#5 Boxcar

Boxcar

Broken Record

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2174 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

Who fucking cares!
"We ran into a buzz saw tonight." Mike Riley following the Arkansas State game

#6 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97994 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:39 AM

And it is Oregon State...

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#7 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14527 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:56 PM

I believe he made the final drop/add date for classes at ore st, and if so, I believe that means that this year can count as his mandatory sit-out year while he redshirts, and then will be eligible to play next season (along with Gebbia and Avery Roberts)

#8 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9789 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:49 PM

Orebraska?

Calgon?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#9 MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs

Step 2 of a 1 step banning program

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7717 posts
  • Interests:Fun
  • Colorado

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:19 PM

bye bye tyjon, we hardly knew ya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic