Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14595 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

wow that was bad. 

it's hard to pick through the steaming pile of shit to find anything good, but I think we saw a few players that appear to be busting their ass out there.  not sure if they're doing the right things within the scheme, but we saw a few kids playing hard all game, so I guess there's that.  of course that's countered by a whole shit pile of players who appear to be dogging it or just generally stinking up the joint. 

now, admittedly, I was drinking heavily before the game in anticipation of an ass kicking, and pretty much just drank more during the entire game, and simply deleted it asap once I had finally suffered through to the end of the game.

anyway, first off, for anyone calling for Bunch or Mazour to start from here on out should just take a seat.  they played against probably third stringers in the second half, maybe even played against some Michigan band members pulled out of the stands in the fourth quarter, so anything the offense did in the second half after they got their collective shit pushed in the entire first half is meaningless. 

I honestly couldn't tell if Martinez was completely healthy or not.  he looked good to me the one or two times where he wasn't running for his life, throwing with 3 Michigan players in his face, or getting planted on his ass. 

we also see why, if the QB race over the summer and in fall camp was anything remotely close to being close, that the staff choose AM, and that's because our OL sucks ass.  big time. 

so, about that OL.  not sure what to say here.  they appeared to suck.  I think they each took turns sucking but thus far this season it seems like Conrad and Farmer are taking more than their fair turns of suckage.  I don't really recall seeing any holes opened up in the running game, and I'm not sure if I saw AM ever have any time to throw.  but again, I might have missed the few times either of those things did happen, because they were so infrequent. 

(as an aside, it's absolutely scary that the program doesn't have anyone other than Boe Wilson who appears to be ready to play OL at this level.  hell, SF said last week that they needed to get other guys ready to play and the two he mentioned were fucking redshirt frosh walkons.  wtf happened to all of the highly rated OL that's been recruited over the past few years?)

anyway, it sounds like there's nobody on the roster that can fuck up less than the guys that the staff is trotting out there every week, so not sure if really anything can be done in this regard.  I would at least like to see Farmer get more snaps at OC and thus Wilson at OG.  communication seems to be shit, so not sure if Farmer can help with that or not, but I think it would at least be an improvement as I think Farmer would be better than Conrad at OC and I think Wilson might be better than Farmer at OG.  I'd like to see someone like Raridon get a shot but apparently he isn't ready.  I really don't know what other options there are. 

I also have no idea what offense scheme or playcalling the staff can utilize to mitigate what appears to be a horrible OL.  If they cant run block or pass block, wtf plays can the staff call?  If running a spread offense at temp is supposed to help simplify blocking assignments, how shitty does that mean our OL actually is? 

not sure how our WRs did considering there wasn't much time to throw, but damn it sure sucks to see what would have been a td pass get batted at the LOS and intercepted.  the team psyche is so fragile that I think once that play happened they basically all just thought they were going to get their asses kicked.  (which is true, but still...) I thought Morgan looked good going for the ball.  that's about it.  sad that the staff brought in these JUCO WRs and they aren't doing shit. 

RBs.  not their fault when they're dodging opposing DL 3 yards in the backfield.  shit, getting back to the LOS was a victory.  I may be in the minority, but I don't like Ozigbo at RB, and especially not in this offense.  he seems great at moving the pile at times (although we don't exactly have a lot of thord or fourth and short conversions to show for it, so maybe he's not good at that, either?) but he's just not fast enough to play in space in this offense, and I think all of the Michigan starting LBs were faster than he was.  also while I understand not wanting to tip your hand on playcalling based on personnel, but let's just quit using Ozigbo in anything that is supposed to go outside, he's not outrunning anyone on a decent team to the edge. 

TEs?  not sure if they played, but if they did, I'm sure they fucked up some blocks and blocking assignments. 

at QB I think AM played hard, but I think the staff didn't try to run him very much, and aside from maybe Morgan I'm not sure if anyone else on offense really did anything to help him out.  cant throw from your back, and cant run or throw with 3 defenders unblocked within 1 yard of you.  not sure what he could have done. 

defensively, it appeared that our DL didn't exactly win the LOS, but from my viewpoint, it wasn't a complete dumpster fire, and the real issue was the LBs.  I'm not sure there was a single play all game where the LBs filled the correct hole, took the correct angle, or didn't take themselves out of the play.  I think at least one LB fucked up on every single defensive snap, and there were definitely multiple plays where more than one of them screwed the pooch.  Now, I'll give credit to Barry, as while I'm sure he made a few mistakes, he at least appeared to be hustling on every play and trying to bring the pain.  Young, on the other hand, probably deserves to be benched in favor of Honas at this point.  I didn't watch the OLBs that much, but I do recall seeing them generally shitting the bed on more than one occasion.  I was excited to see Caleb Tannor in there for what appeared to be decent snaps.  that's something I'd like to see more of moving forward, get those newcomers some decent snaps, especially if the upperclassmen are tripping over their own dicks. 

the secondary, even though they didn't get a lot of work, at least found a few ways to join in the fuckup, primarily with poor angles in pursuit and shitty tackling. 

here's a shocker, though, I thought Lamar Jackson played the most physical game of his Neb football career against Michigan.  he still seems to struggle in coverage, but I thought he actually stuck his nose in there quite a few times on tackles and taking on blockers.  maybe this will be a turning point for him.  if not, I'd like to see frosh Cam Taylor get some snaps.  Taylor appears to bust his ass on every special teams coverage unit, often showing up as one of the few players on the field who isn't mailing it in or quitting. 

anyway, grad transfer Neal is great at getting the defense lined up properly, and probably great at making coverage calls and adjustments, but similar to Aaron Williams, he just doesn't appear to have the speed and athleticism to not be a liability at S.  I'd like to see Deonte Williams get more playing time at S, and while Reed blows his assignments quite regularly, he at least hits like a truck and likes to do it.  hell, move Cam Taylor to S and let's see what he can do there.  Bootle did ok, I wasn't impressed but apparently the coaches were?  whatever. 

special teams?  not even sure I can write anything about it.  it's special alright.  dumpster fire would be an improvement.  probably time for someone other than Lindsey to get a shot at returning punts, although I would like to see him get one more game so that the staff can show some confidence in him and give him another shot.  probably time for someone like Mo Washington to get a shot at KR duties as well.  Spielman made some poor decisions in that game returning kicks.  and my guess is that about 90% of the punt coverage team needs to be replaced. 

coaching?  they definitely have their share of the blame.  I really wonder what they're seeing in practice that doesn't give them the confidence to play hardly any of the backups?  I'm wondering if it's an effort issue in practice and they don't want to reward some of the younger players for not busting ass all practice each practice?  or do they not trust them? 

I'm also wondering about this whole "no fear of failure" thing and how it applies to the coaches and playing time and playcalling?  at this point they might as well just be as aggressive as they can be, because the conservative shit isn't working. 

I really wonder if we're just going to have to wait another 2-3 years so that SF and staff can turn over almost the entire roster and get the culture that they want. 

whatever it is, this past Saturday there was plenty of suckage to go around, and each phase of the game joined in as well as the coaching staff. 

I don't think we should fire anyone, but I'd like to at least see something that resembles competent football before the season is over. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#2 rr05

rr05

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:24 PM

It all starts up front with both the offensive and defensive lines and Michigan had their way with both our lines. Hell, Troy and (CU)nt did so as well. I'm not sure how this is possible because we were told of the tremendous advancement that all players had made in the weight room. The coaches are very good at telling us and the media how wonderful everything is but evidently all the wonderful that happens in practice never makes it to gameday. 

You're all a bunch of fairweather fucks!

#3 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100435 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

My main fear on offense was whether or not anyone playing QB for the Huskers would live through the game.

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#4 RINGKONG

RINGKONG

Rabid Unicorn's bitch!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110821 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

It all starts up front with both the offensive and defensive lines and Michigan had their way with both our lines. Hell, Troy and (CU)nt did so as well. I'm not sure how this is possible because we were told of the tremendous advancement that all players had made in the weight room. The coaches are very good at telling us and the media how wonderful everything is but evidently all the wonderful that happens in practice never makes it to gameday. 

This qoute could apply to every coach we had past Franky...its fucking comical...

Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into healthy perspective.
Yeah, it's a 50 caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with... up close! It's only legal in two states. And this isn't one of them.

poster-38.jpg

#5 rr05

rr05

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:48 PM

This qoute could apply to every coach we had past Franky...its fucking comical...

But it seems like Frost and staff aren't catching flak for their positive spin on things like the bozos that preceded him. So far this year NU has had great practices and the players have responded well on Monday following the previous Saturdays loss, per Frost in his press conferences. What say we respond on a Saturday and have a good game without the stupidity that seems to be a cloud hanging over this teams head.

You're all a bunch of fairweather fucks!

#6 RINGKONG

RINGKONG

Rabid Unicorn's bitch!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110821 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:12 PM

But it seems like Frost and staff aren't catching flak for their positive spin on things like the bozos that preceded him. So far this year NU has had great practices and the players have responded well on Monday following the previous Saturdays loss, per Frost in his press conferences. What say we respond on a Saturday and have a good game without the stupidity that seems to be a cloud hanging over this teams head.

He catches no flack for 2 reasons

1. Nebraska fans are fucking retarded and cling to the past.

2. I actually think the fanbase doesn't fucking care anymore...

Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into healthy perspective.
Yeah, it's a 50 caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with... up close! It's only legal in two states. And this isn't one of them.

poster-38.jpg

#7 Boxcar

Boxcar

Broken Record

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

Nope. These kids are fucked up in the head. Most have had multiple position coaches, little to no accountability in their time at NU and know nothing other than losing.

Frost is either going to figure it out or we’re Minnesota from now until the end of time. Personally, I don’t give a shit if they win two or three games this year. He’s going to figure it out. I sure fucking hope so.
"We ran into a buzz saw tonight." Mike Riley following the Arkansas State game

#8 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100435 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:47 AM

Nope. These kids are fucked up in the head. Most have had multiple position coaches, little to no accountability in their time at NU and know nothing other than losing.

Frost is either going to figure it out or we’re Minnesota from now until the end of time. Personally, I don’t give a shit if they win two or three games this year. He’s going to figure it out. I sure fucking hope so.

Sweet jeebus sweet baby jeebus...

I agree with Boxcar.  :|

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users