rr05

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1722 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Nebraska

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:49 PM

Couple weeks ago I thought Huskers had a decent shot the NCAA tourney but that had been fading and felt we were longshot at best the last couple days. And evidently weren't as close lots of people thought as only get a 5 seed in NIT.

You're all a bunch of fairweather fucks!

#3 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17147 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:19 AM

Couple weeks ago I thought Huskers had a decent shot the NCAA tourney but that had been fading and felt we were longshot at best the last couple days. And evidently weren't as close lots of people thought as only get a 5 seed in NIT.

if they had a better basketball history they'd be in, if they had beat illinois, better chance, if the perception of the Big 10 was better perhaps. 

#4 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7134 posts
  • Interests:Watching this place meltdown and pretending that these aren't the same people that make fun of people doing it at the printer site
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:25 AM

I don't care about the tourney because it was a long shot, but to be a 5 seed in the NIT is a slap in the face, especially with teams like Penn State being a 4.  Nebraska beat Penn State twice and finished 3 spots higher in the Big Ten

#5 rr05

rr05

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1722 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

if they had a better basketball history they'd be in, if they had beat illinois, better chance, if the perception of the Big 10 was better perhaps. 

Not sure beating Illinois and Penn St. and finishing 15-3 in conference even makes a difference. By looking at things Huskers were never on the committee's mind. And those 2 games did nothing to help.

You're all a bunch of fairweather fucks!

#6 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17147 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

Not sure beating Illinois and Penn St. and finishing 15-3 in conference even makes a difference. By looking at things Huskers were never on the committee's mind. And those 2 games did nothing to help.

of the selection committee members I'm willing to bet they never watched Nebraska play, maybe except 1 guy.

#7 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14478 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

well, it's now up to NU to prove them all wrong and show well in the NIT.  personally, I think they'll perform similar to what they've done all season away from home, and I don't expect them to do well. 

their conference and season record is basically a joke.  their only decent win was vs Michigan at home, and a hot Michigan team then destroyed them in the tourney.  yeah, they "almost" beat Kansas, but they didn't, and again, that was at home. 

I get the PSU being seeded higher angst, because NU beat them (twice, I think), but PSU also has better wins on their resume than NU does. 

NU is tough to play at home, but most of the time against any decent team they get their ass kicked when away from Pinnacle Bank Arena. 

for the sake of the program, I hope they show well in the NIT and then don't have any of the starters leave early for the pros because I think if they return everyone they can be potentially put together a good to great season next year and maybe get NU's first ever tourney win.  next year. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#8 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97839 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:25 AM

If they'd've at least shown up for the Meatchicken tourney game...

5 seed in the NIT is a joke though.

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#9 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9772 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

well, it's now up to NU to prove them all wrong and show well in the NIT.  personally, I think they'll perform similar to what they've done all season away from home, and I don't expect them to do well. 

their conference and season record is basically a joke.  their only decent win was vs Michigan at home, and a hot Michigan team then destroyed them in the tourney.  yeah, they "almost" beat Kansas, but they didn't, and again, that was at home. 

I get the PSU being seeded higher angst, because NU beat them (twice, I think), but PSU also has better wins on their resume than NU does. 

NU is tough to play at home, but most of the time against any decent team they get their ass kicked when away from Pinnacle Bank Arena. 

for the sake of the program, I hope they show well in the NIT and then don't have any of the starters leave early for the pros because I think if they return everyone they can be potentially put together a good to great season next year and maybe get NU's first ever tourney win.  next year. 

I also hope to see players returning next year with a Big chip on their shoulders

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#10 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14478 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:58 AM

yeah, well, Nebrasketball didn't really show much to prove the NCAA or the NIT selection committee wrong last night. 

pretty disappointing performance, and the little bit I watched (I hate basketball) it looked like they were unprepared for their opponent, and generally not prepared to play. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#11 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9351 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

yeah, well, Nebrasketball didn't really show much to prove the NCAA or the NIT selection committee wrong last night. 

pretty disappointing performance, and the little bit I watched (I hate basketball) it looked like they were unprepared for their opponent, and generally not prepared to play. 

Welcome to Tim Miles basketball.

Bill Moos, the ball is now in your court.

#12 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17147 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:12 AM

UMBC coach is probably fielding a shit load of offers

#13 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97839 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

UMBC coach is probably fielding a shit load of offers

While Miles just shit the bed.

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users