Photo
- - - - -

Are you Assholes watching the Peach Bowl?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9783 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

Scott Frost has coached a great game against Auburn up 34-20 with 5 minutes left.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#2 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9783 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

Auburn is threatening inside the 10

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12832 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

Fucking rocking game.  34-27 right now.  Interesting to watch players know how to tackle. 

Year 1, Scott Frost Husker Reclamation Project...

Tanner Farmer - "I don't just want to win a Big Ten championship. I want to win *the* championship. That's my goal. A lot of people say winning the national championship isn't a realistic goal. Well, I'm not about realistic. I want it all. Go big or go home. Thank you."

#4 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12832 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Dayam - that cheerleader had a schnozz the size of Rhode Island!

Tanner Farmer - "I don't just want to win a Big Ten championship. I want to win *the* championship. That's my goal. A lot of people say winning the national championship isn't a realistic goal. Well, I'm not about realistic. I want it all. Go big or go home. Thank you."

#5 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12832 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:34 PM

Oh - and the Big XII stripes are still butt hurt about Nebraska

#6 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9783 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Didn't matter.  Frost just beat Auburn which had defeated both Alabama and Georgia this season.

Milton is the real deal.

-Thomas Jefferson

#7 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12832 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

As is this entire coaching staff.  they get it.

#8 rr05

rr05

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Nebraska

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

Watching the UCF game as well as the 2 semi finals is the speed that all these teams possess. Lots of speed and athleticism for these top teams. NU players looks like aging plow horses compared to the thoroughbreds of the Sooners, Dawgs, Tide, Tigers x2 and Knights. Oh yeah, doesn't hurt to have a dual threat qb that can escape trouble when needed. And let's not forget about linemen on both sides of the ball that get a push. Not sure how talented NU is but whatever NU players have been taught is not the same as what these big boys teach. For Christ sakes UCF's 1 armed defender was a force. And he was used in positions that require a defender to use his hands.  

You're all a bunch of fairweather fucks!

#9 ass master

ass master

I like 'em dark and thick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3767 posts
  • Interests:Running, football, tv, coffee, fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:52 AM

One hell of a game.

Every time Auburn pushed, UCF pushed right back. There is a lot of toughness on that team. Will be nice to have a team that doesn't pack it in at the first sign of adversity.

jiKCvn1.jpg22ayh3.jpg

#10 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14490 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

Yep, lots of good things to see in that game that reflect well on the coaching staff. 

I liked how SF called the offense as he noticed that Milton wasn't accurate early on (whether it was big game nerves/jitters or what).  I wanted to see how SF managed the game knowing that he didn't have an overall speed or depth advantage vs their defense.  His playcalling opened some things up for them vs a very good defense. 

but, I was more impressed with the UCF defense.  I expected Auburn to pound the ball and gradually wear down UCF with bigger bodies and more of them, but that didn't happen (not impressed with the Auburn offensive gameplan, but whatever).  UCF defense was attacking all game and while they gave up some plays, they got 3 turnovers and had 5 sacks in the first half.  DC Chinander's defense is designed to be disruptive and to create negative plays to get a punt and to force turnovers, all to get the ball back to the offense.  They were also on the field a lot, especially early. 

anyways, they appeared to be a well coached team overall, and on both sides of the ball in regards to scheme, playcalls, and adjustments.  they also appeared to be a well conditioned team, so nice that they're bringing their S&C coach as well

and, as already pointed out, the team's mental state appeared solid, no panic and no giving in.  that's something we probably haven't seen in over 15 years. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#11 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17154 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

I noticed UCF players were excited, backing up each other and encouraging. Didn't see that much at Nebraska

#12 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12832 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

I noticed UCF players were excited, backing up each other and encouraging. Didn't see that much at Nebraska

So quickly you forget about all those rousing post-win hip-hi-hoorays!

#13 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17154 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

So quickly you forget about all those rousing post-win hip-hi-hoorays!

I remember all of them...

all 4 of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users