Photo
- - - - -

Would you have taken Patterson over Pelini?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7106 posts
  • Interests:Watching this place meltdown and pretending that these aren't the same people that make fun of people doing it at the printer site
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:30 PM

http://www.omaha.com...74f012f11f.html

#2 Boxcar

Boxcar

Broken Record

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2140 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

Fucking TO. Goddamn he was terrible at picking football coaches. Yeah, why would we want Patterson who would go on to lead TCU to a 47-5 record in the five years after TO passed on him.
"We ran into a buzz saw tonight." Mike Riley following the Arkansas State game

#3 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7106 posts
  • Interests:Watching this place meltdown and pretending that these aren't the same people that make fun of people doing it at the printer site
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

Fucking TO. Goddamn he was terrible at picking football coaches. Yeah, why would we want Patterson who would go on to lead TCU to a 47-5 record in the five years after TO passed on him.

47-5 is an unpreced....oh wait

#4 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14436 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:06 AM

while I personally have not been impressed with TO's non-coaching decisions (forcing Solich as HC, hiring Pelini) in his defense Patterson hadn't been a rock star up to that point, and TCU hadn't moved to the Big 12 yet, so I can see it not being a slam dunk decision that we may view it now in hindsight.  TO wanted to roll the dice with a young coordinator and give him a chance.  He had potential at the time but he wasn't a fit as a HC at a major program.  Pelini had been the DC at NU for a year under Solich, and had a reputation for putting good defenses together as a DC, and NU was hurting big time in the defensive side of the ball at the time of the hire.  what if NU had hired Dabo Swinny?  or James Franklin? 

would we take Patterson today over Scott Frost? 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#5 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7106 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:42 AM

while I personally have not been impressed with TO's non-coaching decisions (forcing Solich as HC, hiring Pelini) in his defense Patterson hadn't been a rock star up to that point, and TCU hadn't moved to the Big 12 yet, so I can see it not being a slam dunk decision that we may view it now in hindsight.  TO wanted to roll the dice with a young coordinator and give him a chance.  He had potential at the time but he wasn't a fit as a HC at a major program.  Pelini had been the DC at NU for a year under Solich, and had a reputation for putting good defenses together as a DC, and NU was hurting big time in the defensive side of the ball at the time of the hire.  what if NU had hired Dabo Swinny?  or James Franklin? 

would we take Patterson today over Scott Frost? 

I would be happy with either of them

#6 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12735 posts
  • Iowa St.

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:28 AM

LOL - moron

What the fuck

#7 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12735 posts
  • Iowa St.

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

And no, Patterson < Pelini

What the fuck

#8 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97528 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

Patterson is a whiny bitch.  Watching him on DFW TV makes you puke.

Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#9 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9720 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted Yesterday, 11:50 AM

If I remember right, Patterson didn't make our final two as it was between Pelini and Turner Gill at that time.  Part of me wonders what Gill could have done with this team.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users