#21 RINGKONG

RINGKONG

Rabid Unicorn's bitch!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110763 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:10 AM

According to Bob Downey of the Capital Humane Society in Lincoln SF has already adopted a dog for his soon to be child. Downey also said SF is moving a double wide on to that railroad right of way just east of the railroad tracks at 27th and Saltillo.
And how do I know this? I got my dog at Capital Humane Society about 10 years ago and the microchip they put in the animals can be read by scan app on my cell phone. I just happened to be messing with it when my dog walked by and that's what it said.

Heh. Good one. Oh and Scott frost can stay where he is

Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into healthy perspective.
Yeah, it's a 50 caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with... up close! It's only legal in two states. And this isn't one of them.

poster-38.jpg

#22 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14436 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:23 AM

SF wanted to come to Lincoln before when he was OC and MR was hired.  not sure if he was even talked to or not, but if he was he was told that they'd like to see him get some HC experience first.  regardless it doesn't matter at this point as that was SE calling the shots who more and more appears to have been a complete disaster as an AD, at least when it comes to micromanaging and mandating/forcing some things onto the coaches. 

heard that whoever the AD is would be a major factor for SF, which makes sense.  hopefully he's comfortable with Moos. 

there's too many former players and boosters that still have ties to the program that also keep in touch with SF for nothing to have been said at this point.  plus I think the new NU regime isn't stupid, they're going to try to lock up their top choice before they shitcan MR.  I'm guessing that NU AD has outside council that is communicating with SF's agent to work out a term sheet/contract so that both sides have plausible deniability right up until the point of the agreement being announced. 

I'm guessing Moos is also vetting some other candidates, but SF is probably the top of the list for a variety of reasons (not only based on coaching success/potential success), and SF wants to come to NU. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#23 Boxcar

Boxcar

Broken Record

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2140 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

TO has fucked up both football hires but the admiration that Frost has for Tom definitely gives us a damn good shot.
"We ran into a buzz saw tonight." Mike Riley following the Arkansas State game

#24 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9720 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

Tennessee just fired Butch Jones. We will see if they offer Scott Frost!

Im thinking, (I hope) Moos has already offered Scott Frost and we are just waiting for things to play out.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#25 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14436 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

just too many things lining up for both sides in this one. 

a lot of P5 openings at decent schools this offseason, SF having a banner year; so it would be tough for SF to not take the next step up as a coach at this time.  why roll the dice and risk a poor season at UCF next year that could hurt your coaching stock?  meanwhile, with multiple schools in play for HCs, the bidding wars may jack up the price tag for him. 

plus he's been on record as saying he would love to come back home and coach at NU, and Moos hasn't exactly been beating around the bush with his knowledge and praise of SF's pedigree and accomplishments. 

for Moos, he might consider that the program would be better off in the short term with a more established HC, but how can he risk not hiring SF?  if he hires SF and SF fails, at least that question is answered.  if he doesn't hire SF and SF succeeds elsewhere, Moos will be run out of town.  plus the fans will likely give SF more time to right the ship, considering he's a native son, and young.  plus hiring SF will likely result in a bigger revenue bump on multiple levels compared to any other hire. 

for SF, he could choose another program with an easier recruiting base, but without historical ties to the area or the school, I don't see another fan base giving him more time than NU would.  he'd be another McElwain at UF, for example.  also, even though it's harder to recruit to Lincoln, it can be done.  if grandpa Riley can convince kids to come to Lincoln in the summer on their own dime, I'm sure SF can do the same, especially once paid official visits are pushed up to be allowed in the summer.  but even with less talented recruits, the west division is basically Wisky and everyone else.  NU arguably has more talent than any other school in the west, it wont take long to get things back on track and competing for west division titles.  someone wrote somewhere that if they're playing blackjack they'd rather have 18 to the dealer's 17 than 20 to the dealer's 21, as an example of less talent at NU is still more talent than the other west teams, but more talent at UF might mean they're facing even more talent at schools like Alabama and Georgia.  he's from Neb.  his parents still live here, he just had a baby, he still has ties to the program, he has former Huskers on his staff, he's had TO speak at his coaching clinics, etc.  plus, if he fails at NU, it wont be a death sentence for his career, as the media will just say it's not in the cards for NU anymore.  if he fails at a place like UF or UT, though, I could see there being questions about his ability to coach at a top school at the P5 level. 

just too many things make sense and are lining up for this not to happen. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#26 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12735 posts
  • Iowa St.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

I doubt Scott Frost be back to NU anytime soon.  He would have to put up with too many stupid fucking fans and an idiot media.  His Mom recognizes it too.  And if he does come back, I doubt he will stay long.  He'll go somewhere like Liberty, or Ohio, or just about anywhere else that will accept a 9 win season will be viewed as not very good, but not a firing offense like the retards in Nebraska demand.  Fire two 9 win coaches, and each time you wind uo with a sack of shit.  For Christ's sake, when will people learn?

What the fuck

#27 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20934 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

Hmmmm.  A private plane heading from Lincoln to Orlando.  I wonder why.  https://flightaware....0300Z/KLNK/KORL

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#28 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7106 posts
  • Interests:Watching this place meltdown and pretending that these aren't the same people that make fun of people doing it at the printer site
  • Nebraska

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

Hmmmm.  A private plane heading from Lincoln to Orlando.  I wonder why.  https://flightaware....0300Z/KLNK/KORL

Houston Nutt?

#29 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9343 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

Houston Nutt?

1801e9b0d117a38789ad2327c1fd67c53b06007f

#30 Gargantuan Vermillion

Gargantuan Vermillion

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8259 posts
  • Interests:rock climbing, Huskers, running
  • Nebraska

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:47 PM

Chip Kelly is supposedly going to Florida.
Let this abomination unto the Lord begin!

#31 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17103 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:50 AM

I doubt Scott Frost be back to NU anytime soon.  He would have to put up with too many stupid fucking fans and an idiot media.  His Mom recognizes it too.  And if he does come back, I doubt he will stay long.  He'll go somewhere like Liberty, or Ohio, or just about anywhere else that will accept a 9 win season will be viewed as not very good, but not a firing offense like the retards in Nebraska demand.  Fire two 9 win coaches, and each time you wind uo with a sack of shit.  For Christ's sake, when will people learn?

If I was scott, I would tell the OWH and LJS he will only consider coming to Lincoln if they only have 1 sports writer per paper cover husker football. 

#32 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9720 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

What does SIRI know that no one else does.  She claimed yesterday that Scott Frost is our current HC and that Riley is the DB coach for the Oakland Raiders.  These phones are getting smartier and smartier.

http://journalstar.c...9801450997.html

Scott Frost is not the head football coach at the University of Nebraska.

At least, not as of 9:32 p.m. on Nov. 15, 2017.

The lesson: Don’t believe everything Siri tells you.

The mostly helpful voice-activated Apple personal assistant is either a hopeful Husker fan or pulling its data from somewhere that’s got incorrect information. An enterprising tipster alerted the Journal Star on Wednesday night that, if you ask Siri who Scott Frost is, she'll tell you he's the head football coach at Nebraska. 

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users