16 replies to this topic

#1 Coop

Coop

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16360 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

It's obvious Riley doesn't fucking care he's helmed one of the most disappointing seasons we've had.  He's here for a paycheck, and to get his worthless buddies like Banker and Langsdorf a few extra bucks.

At least no one is comparing him to Osborne anymore, I guess.

#2 Gargantuan Vermillion

Gargantuan Vermillion

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts
  • Interests:rock climbing, Huskers, running
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:01 PM

I'm glad we fired Bo so we could stop being embarrassed on national television.
Let this abomination unto the Lord begin!

#3 RINGKONG

RINGKONG

Rabid Unicorn's bitch!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110821 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:02 PM

I'm glad we...

Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into healthy perspective.
Yeah, it's a 50 caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with... up close! It's only legal in two states. And this isn't one of them.

poster-38.jpg

#4 AZ Husker

AZ Husker

President of the Galaxy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12893 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:12 PM

Did we win the 4th quarter ?  I know the Huskers always win the 4th quarter, I hear it all the time. That's important.  Right?

Year 1, Scott Frost Husker Reclamation Project...

Tanner Farmer - "I don't just want to win a Big Ten championship. I want to win *the* championship. That's my goal. A lot of people say winning the national championship isn't a realistic goal. Well, I'm not about realistic. I want it all. Go big or go home. Thank you."

#5 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17226 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

I was happy to get rid of Pelini but only if we had the right replacement, Riley is not the right guy.

#6 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100435 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:22 PM

Nine wins.

*let the shit circus begin...*
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#7 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17226 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

It's obvious Riley doesn't fucking care he's helmed one of the most disappointing seasons we've had.  He's here for a paycheck, and to get his worthless buddies like Banker and Langsdorf a few extra bucks.

At least no one is comparing him to Osborne anymore, I guess.

boxcar has hacked coops account

#8 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9366 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

I used to take a dump once a day.  Now, it is twice a day.

Should I be worried?

#9 ass master

ass master

I like 'em dark and thick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Interests:Running, football, tv, coffee, fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

I used to take a dump once a day.  Now, it is twice a day.

Should I be worried?

Sounds awesome to me!

jiKCvn1.jpg22ayh3.jpg

#10 Coop

Coop

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16360 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

Nine wins.

Yep, and we've set the standard that 9 win seasons aren't enough.  Certainly when you only win 2 games against teams with winning records, those being powerhouses Wyoming and Minnesota.  

I can't speak for anyone else, but this was the most disappointing season than I can remember since 2002.  We had talent and experience on the roster, and despite some holes, didn't think that a 1 loss season was out of the question, everyone across the Big 10 had similar issues.  If Riley really was the guy, this was an opportunity for him.  Turns out he's not, and the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.

#11 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100435 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:23 PM

Nine wins.

Yep, and we've set the standard that 9 win seasons aren't enough.  Certainly when you only win 2 games against teams with winning records, those being powerhouses Wyoming and Minnesota.  
I can't speak for anyone else, but this was the most disappointing season than I can remember since 2002.  We had talent and experience on the roster, and despite some holes, didn't think that a 1 loss season was out of the question, everyone across the Big 10 had similar issues.  If Riley really was the guy, this was an opportunity for him.  Turns out he's not, and the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.

:)
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#12 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7153 posts
  • Interests:Watching this place meltdown and pretending that these aren't the same people that make fun of people doing it at the printer site
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

Nine wins.

Talent yes, depth, no especially at the D-Line position as our top 4 guys went pro or left.  It's too bad we didn't hire Brian Kelly.  I would argue that 5-7 with a loss to Purdue was more disappointing

#13 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14595 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:05 AM

NU had so much talent they were 10th out of 14 teams in the conference for first/second/third team all conference nominations. 

but wait, that's because the coaches misused them or miscoached them into underperforming?  or is it that the coaching staff did more with less considering they didn't finish 10th in the conference in W-L 

a thin OL that suffered injuries resulted in a poor rushing game, and a career 50% passer resulted in a poor passing game. 

defense held up most of the season, but losing 3 DTs and a DE with eligibility probably hurt more than they showed early in the season. 

I'm not laying this all at the feet of the players, but imo MR and staff need to be given another 2-3 years to see what they can do on the field and recruiting. 

but I realize many made up their minds before he even coached a game in Lincoln

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#14 rr05

rr05

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

I'd like to see some tweeking at the coordinator positions. Langsdorf gets pass happy and gets away from the run if NU falls behind or he thinks Tommy is hot because he completes 2 passes in a row. And for some reason the only pass he will call when NU trails by 14 or more is a "chuck it as far as we can". I guess that could be because there is a spearchucker at qb. Defensively there is no such thing as a pass rush but I watch teams consistently get pressure on Tommy without blitzing.
And guessing that Riley gets at least 2 more years because the guys buying out the contracts are getting tired of ponying up money. And if Riley is shown the door Eichorst will be close behind. And then it will be Trev Alberts time at AD.

You're all a bunch of fairweather fucks!

#15 RINGKONG

RINGKONG

Rabid Unicorn's bitch!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110821 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

Fuck you. Burn it to the ground. Khaaaaaaaan!

Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into healthy perspective.
Yeah, it's a 50 caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with... up close! It's only legal in two states. And this isn't one of them.

poster-38.jpg

#16 Coop

Coop

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16360 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:48 AM

NU had so much talent they were 10th out of 14 teams in the conference for first/second/third team all conference nominations. 

but wait, that's because the coaches misused them or miscoached them into underperforming?  or is it that the coaching staff did more with less considering they didn't finish 10th in the conference in W-L 

a thin OL that suffered injuries resulted in a poor rushing game, and a career 50% passer resulted in a poor passing game. 

defense held up most of the season, but losing 3 DTs and a DE with eligibility probably hurt more than they showed early in the season. 

I'm not laying this all at the feet of the players, but imo MR and staff need to be given another 2-3 years to see what they can do on the field and recruiting. 

but I realize many made up their minds before he even coached a game in Lincoln

So who exactly did we do more with less than?  Who is the team out there with more talent that we outshined?  All american votes are based on performance on the field, not potential.  I can't see the argument that Indiana has more talent than Nebraska due to them having more all conference players in the coaches vote.  

Some of us judged Riley based on what he had done in the past, and were concerned because he had never been successful, and was in a job where the school pretty much wanted him out anyway.  That concern doubled when, instead of building a staff full of great coaches, he brought the same guys he has failed in the past with. 

I gave them a chance at the start of last season, and again this season.  I'd love for him to prove me wrong, early on this season I was hopeful that was the case.   I'm not afraid of having to admit I was wrong about him and his staff, so there's no reason not to put my judgement out there.  I'll give them another chance next season, but won't expect as much because they continue to confirm what I thought in the beginning.

Do I know who we should have hired?  Nope.  But I do know if you fire a guy who hasn't had less than 9 wins a season, you better make an upgrade.  We didn't even try.

#17 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100435 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:58 PM

*eating popcorn*
Posted Image