#1 baseballdad

baseballdad

Waterboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Kansas St.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hi, quick question about the rules regarding my son’s catcher's equipment. I was wondering about the difference between the full, hockey-style mask and the old-school style that goes over the skull cap. I recently purchased the facemask style that goes over the skull cap for my son who has recently picked up catching a big way. I got him this mask but a few of the parents at our workouts have made comments about some regulations or rules I was unaware of. In my nervousness, I just ordered this mask as well that looks  a lot safer but I know it doesn't have that cool pro look my son wants. Should I bring both with me just in case? Or does anyone know how this aspect of the game is governed? Anything helps!

#2 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14399 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

sorry our resident expert on catching, LBuff, no longer posts here, and in fact he might be dead. 

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#3 RINGKONG

RINGKONG

Rabid Unicorn's bitch!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110750 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:34 PM

sorry our resident expert on catching, LBuff, no longer posts here, and in fact he might be dead. 

He was such a good catcher, kept the strike zone tight. Pitching was a pleasure

Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into healthy perspective.
Yeah, it's a 50 caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with... up close! It's only legal in two states. And this isn't one of them.

poster-38.jpg

#4 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97407 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

Translation: buy the pretty one.
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#5 Texker

Texker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4261 posts
  • Texas A&M

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:38 AM

He'll need the hockey style mask as skull caps are not permitted in youth baseball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users