mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Why is Huskers.com selling tickets to the Insight Bowl? WTF?

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#2 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

They've taken in down. Good.

#3 UPSucks

UPSucks

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Turd Pie Baking
  • Nebraska

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

I hope not. I'd really like to go to Florida again.
IPB Image

Welcome to America
...now speak English

#4 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101456 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

Capital One is among bowl scenarios for NU

By Rich Kaipust
World-HERAld BUREAU « Big Red Today

Wisconsin knocked Nebraska down a peg in October, but might have moved it up one Saturday night by winning the Big Ten championship.

The Badgers' victory over Michigan State — and the likelihood of Michigan heading for a BCS bowl — might clear the way for an NU invitation to the Capital One Bowl when selections are made Sunday night.

The Capital One, scheduled for Jan. 2 in Orlando, Fla., gets the first pick of Big Ten teams after the Bowl Championship Series games are set. Its payout of $4.6 million per team is the highest of the non-BCS bowls.

If not the Capital One, the other possibilities for Nos. 19 and 20 Nebraska (9-3) would be the Outback Bowl or Insight Bowl. Announcements will be made Sunday at 8 p.m. CST on ESPN.

Capital One CEO Steve Hogan noted last month that Orlando hasn't hosted NU since after the 1990 season, when the game was known as the Florida Citrus Bowl. Georgia Tech beat the Huskers 45-21 in its national championship season.

Of the possibility of getting Nebraska again, Hogan told The World-Herald: "There's definitely a respect and an excitement there. So if things play out that way, we'd be honored and proud to do it."

Wisconsin (11-2) claimed a Rose Bowl bid with its 42-39 win over Michigan State in Indianapolis on Saturday night. Michigan (10-2) could move far enough up the BCS standings to be an at-large participant — and possibly snag a Sugar Bowl invite — after Georgia, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Houston and Virginia Tech all were higher-ranked BCS teams to lose Saturday.

And not only did Michigan State fall to 10-3, it lost 24-3 at NU this season and has been to the Capital One Bowl two of the past three years.

The selection order after the Capital One for Big Ten teams goes Outback, Insight and Gator. Per Big Ten rules, the loser of its championship game can't fall below the Insight if the league gets two BCS teams (or below the Gator if one BCS team).

Both the Capital One and Outback pit Big Ten teams against Southeastern Conference opponents. The pool of SEC teams for the Cotton, Capital One and Outback appears to be Georgia, South Carolina and Arkansas.

NU last played South Carolina in 1987, Georgia in 1969 (Sun Bowl) and Arkansas in 1965 (Cotton Bowl after 1964 season).

"Nebraska fans are renowned and respected in our area for the way they treat college football in general, and how they view being a part of it," Hogan said. "It's all positives top to bottom for a program like Nebraska, and we haven't heard anything different this year."

If Michigan does not make the BCS lineup or the Capital One goes a different direction, both the Outback and Insight would be looking at their first chances to host Nebraska.

The Outback ($3.5 million per team) is Jan. 2 in Tampa, Fla. The Insight ($3.35 million) is Dec. 30 in Tempe, Ariz., and would be against a Big 12 team.

Contact the writer:

402-444-1042, rich.kaipust@owh.com
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#5 lawrencephillips

lawrencephillips

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

I'm hoping for SC, we might not score against UGA and Arkansas would score 45 on us.

#6 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Capital One bowl vs. South Carolina and the old ball coach.

#7 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

ESPN updated bowl projections also have us playing South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl.

BCS poll is going to be damn close between Bama and Okie State.

#8 FloridaHusker

FloridaHusker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100283 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

I've bought tickets to both the Capital One and the Outback bowls, if they go to the insight bowl, I'm going to be pissed.

#9 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12933 posts
  • Interests:Blowing dudes, and running a train on other dudes.
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

I've bought tickets to both the Capital One and the Outback bowls, if they go to the insight bowl, I'm going to be pissed.

I kinda hope they go to the Insight now just to fuck you.

Moron.

NEBRASKA, THE HOME OF THE MAROON, SILVER, AND BLACK!

#10 FloridaHusker

FloridaHusker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100283 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

Moron.

Thanks. I'll be able to donate the tickets and raise money for a good cause anyway, so it's all good.

#11 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101456 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#12 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12933 posts
  • Interests:Blowing dudes, and running a train on other dudes.
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

Moron.

Thanks. I'll be able to donate the tickets and raise money for a good cause anyway, so it's all good.

You should donate both your kidneys for a good cause.

NEBRASKA, THE HOME OF THE MAROON, SILVER, AND BLACK!

#13 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101456 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

Nebraska will play South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl.
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#14 FloridaHusker

FloridaHusker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100283 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Moron.

That's the Christmas spirit. I'll donate one if you will.

Iraq Veteran Needs Kidney Transplant

Jacob Chadwick enlisted in the military on his 18th birthday. A year later, he was in Iraq.

After his tour of duty, he married Victoria and re-enlisted for another four years. The young couple could not have been happier to learn a baby would soon complete their family, but it was a bittersweet time.

Ella Marie was born at the same time they learned Sgt. Chadwick had kidney failure and needed a transplant.

"It was very stressful, because it's a time of joy, but then in the back of my head I knew something was wrong," said Victoria.

"I never, could in a million years picture this happening. I always wanted to be that great dad, to be out there and not be tired when she's growing up and she wants to go do things. I want to be there for her," said Sgt. Jacob Chadwick.

No one in his family is a match, so Jacob must endure four hours of dialysis, three times a week while he waits for a donor. Finding a match could take five years.

"Our relationship was tested in the beginning with my deployment, which we made it through, and we thought that was the ultimate test," said Sgt. Chadwick.

The Chadwick's may be living away from their families, but they're getting a lot of support from their extended military family, thanks to Operation Gratitude.

While Jacob was in Iraq, Victoria kept herself busy volunteering with Operation Gratitude, an organization which sends care packages to troops overseas. Now that group is giving back to the Chadwick's, sending e-mails to it's thousands of contacts, telling Jacob's story and asking people to consider becoming a donor.

"We got an e-mail today from an 83 year old World War II vet who wants to donate their kidney and it's so touching," said Victoria Chadwick.

They've received hundreds of e-mails from around the country, offering moral support and words of encouragement. Even if they don't find a donor, the Chadwick's say they've already been blessed.

"The outcome is going to be what it is, whatever the case may be, but just the show of support is incredible. I've never experienced anything like it," said Sgt. Chadwick.

#15 RINGKONG

RINGKONG

Rabid Unicorn's bitch!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110821 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

Moron.

That's the Christmas spirit. I'll donate one if you will.

Iraq Veteran Needs Kidney Transplant

Jacob Chadwick enlisted in the military on his 18th birthday. A year later, he was in Iraq.

After his tour of duty, he married Victoria and re-enlisted for another four years. The young couple could not have been happier to learn a baby would soon complete their family, but it was a bittersweet time.

Ella Marie was born at the same time they learned Sgt. Chadwick had kidney failure and needed a transplant.

"It was very stressful, because it's a time of joy, but then in the back of my head I knew something was wrong," said Victoria.

"I never, could in a million years picture this happening. I always wanted to be that great dad, to be out there and not be tired when she's growing up and she wants to go do things. I want to be there for her," said Sgt. Jacob Chadwick.

No one in his family is a match, so Jacob must endure four hours of dialysis, three times a week while he waits for a donor. Finding a match could take five years.

"Our relationship was tested in the beginning with my deployment, which we made it through, and we thought that was the ultimate test," said Sgt. Chadwick.

The Chadwick's may be living away from their families, but they're getting a lot of support from their extended military family, thanks to Operation Gratitude.

While Jacob was in Iraq, Victoria kept herself busy volunteering with Operation Gratitude, an organization which sends care packages to troops overseas. Now that group is giving back to the Chadwick's, sending e-mails to it's thousands of contacts, telling Jacob's story and asking people to consider becoming a donor.

"We got an e-mail today from an 83 year old World War II vet who wants to donate their kidney and it's so touching," said Victoria Chadwick.

They've received hundreds of e-mails from around the country, offering moral support and words of encouragement. Even if they don't find a donor, the Chadwick's say they've already been blessed.

"The outcome is going to be what it is, whatever the case may be, but just the show of support is incredible. I've never experienced anything like it," said Sgt. Chadwick.

Nobody wants Jigga's kidneys.. full of hepatitis and aids.

Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into healthy perspective.
Yeah, it's a 50 caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with... up close! It's only legal in two states. And this isn't one of them.

poster-38.jpg

#16 Guest[wred]

Guest[wred]
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Nebraska will play South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl.

Go Big Red!

#17 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Wred just ordered tickets to the Holiday Bowl.

#18 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Bwahahaha. Sugar Bowl skips over top ten BCS teams KSU and Boise State to take Virginia Tech. VT didn't beat one top 25 team. :emot-xd:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users