#1 PirateBo

PirateBo

FuckStick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

Will Bo go the tOSU? No one knows the true state of that program....he may not want to get on a sinking ship. He may not even be considered for the job because of his childish obnoxious behavior. One thing I do know is if Bo thinks it is good for Bo, Bo will go. For those who think he loves Lincoln and the Nebraska way.....you may be sad little husker fans.

Regardless of what happens, it will suck if Bo is someone who is being considered for this job all season. It will make NU look like his stepping stone to greatness and it will piss me off.
Yes Bo is a pirate, two hundred years too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
He's an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

JB

#2 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Bo would not be at the top of OSU's list.

That being said, if that list did get down to his name I could certainly see him going. Hell, its his alma mater.

But it isn't going to happen. If/when he ever breaks through and wins something at NU it will be a different story.

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#3 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14613 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Will Bo go the tOSU? No one knows the true state of that program....he may not want to get on a sinking ship. He may not even be considered for the job because of his childish obnoxious behavior. One thing I do know is if Bo thinks it is good for Bo, Bo will go. For those who think he loves Lincoln and the Nebraska way.....you may be sad little husker fans.

Regardless of what happens, it will suck if Bo is someone who is being considered for this job all season. It will make NU look like his stepping stone to greatness and it will piss me off.

I could see Bo being interested, it is his alma mater, but I think professionally he's in a better situation at NU... he can continue to build the program, demonstrate success, then move on to a DC role in the NFL or something like that. moving to OSU now is basically a lateral move, and to a program that is about to get hit with NCAA sanctions, it would take an alum to take on that task, imo, so it's possible, but not a favorable situation.
"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#4 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17260 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

considering he won't be able to take the team to a CCG or MNC game, I doubt it. When the NCAA hammer comes down i don't see them in post season play and i see a reduction in schollies.

#5 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

Bo likely can’t avoid Ohio State rumor mill
By Sam McKewon
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER
Within hours of news that embattled Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel had resigned from his job Monday, college football pundits had begun to erect a list of potential successors.

Current Nebraska head coach — and former Buckeye free safety — Bo Pelini was a prominent name on them.

And although OSU brass named 37-year-old defensive coordinator Luke Fickell as interim head coach for the entire 2011 campaign, the school added that it would conduct a full search “expected to include external and internal candidates” after the season.

Pelini, who played at Ohio State from 1987 to 1990, released a statement Monday applauding Tressel’s on-field achievements without acknowledging that his own name is sure to be year-long grist for the rumor mill.

“Jim Tressel is an outstanding football coach and a good man,” Pelini said in a statement Monday. “I’ve followed and respected his career since his days at Youngstown State and through his tremendous success at Ohio State the past decade. He will be missed in college football.”

In April, Athletic Director Tom Osborne signed Pelini to a new five-year deal, boosting his base salary to $2.775 million for 2011. Including performance incentives, his haul could easily top $3 million this year. At the time, Osborne told The World-Herald that the pay raise was due in part to Miami’s — and other teams Osborne wouldn’t name — interest in Pelini.

“There was some interest in Bo back in January and early February,’’ Osborne said. “We felt that Bo has performed at a high level and done a good job.”

Said Osborne’s boss, University of Nebraska-Lincoln chancellor Harvey Perlman, at the time: “The framework of this agreement was arrived at many months ago, at a period when Bo was being courted — or was potentially vulnerable — to offers from other institutions.”

That deal made Pelini the third-highest paid coach in the Big Ten. With Tressel’s resignation, he’s No. 2 behind Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz, whose base salary is $3.78 million.

The hefty salary alone makes it hard for a team to court Pelini. But should one choose to pursue him anyway, Pelini’s $250,000 buyout penalty for leaving is small compared to some other high-profile coaches.

How attractive would the Ohio State job be to any prospective candidate? That could depend on how the NCAA chooses to deal with the Buckeyes after Tressel’s resignation. The Columbus Dispatch reported Monday that Tressel was encouraged to resign, and such a move could help distance the program from the former coach’s NCAA violations.

In March, Tressel admitted to covering up knowledge that two of his players — including quarterback Terrelle Pryor — had sold bowl memorabilia to pay for tattoos. In December 2010, the NCAA suspended five Buckeyes for five games; they’ll return Oct. 8 to play at Nebraska. Tressel requested the same five-game suspension and was set to appear before the NCAA Committee on Infractions later this summer in hopes that his self-imposed penalty would suffice.

But subsequent news reports surfaced that put Tressel and Ohio State in an even harsher light. In early May, the Columbus Dispatch reported that several Buckeye football players appeared to receive, over several years, discounted loans from a local car dealer. The story has grown larger by the week. As the NCAA broadens its investigation into the Buckeyes, further penalties — scholarship reductions, postseason bans — could, in theory, be assessed as they were to USC.

“We are under NCAA investigation,” OSU Athletic Director Gene Smith said Monday. “We will not discuss any of the matters around that case, or any further accusations that may emerge. We will do what we always do: We will respond to them, we collaborate with the NCAA and try and find the truth.”

If the NCAA levies a harsh penalty, the job at Ohio State, though among the elite programs in the nation, may suddenly become less enticing.

The interim coach, Fickell, also played at Ohio State. He’s been the co-defensive coordinator/linebackers coach since 2005. This season could serve as his on-the-job interview.

Other potential candidates for the high-profile job:

• Urban Meyer. The Ohio native and perceived frontrunner who won two national titles at Florida before resigning in 2010 to become, among other things, a college football analyst at ESPN.

In an interview with The World-Herald in late April, Meyer said one of the reasons he left Florida was a growing frustration with the “lack of control” by the NCAA in college football that led to competitive imbalances.

“That wasn’t the top reason, but as I wrote down reasons why, I kind of had enough of the stuff that was going on,” Meyer said. “And it seemed like to stay competitive, you had to do that. And I wasn’t going to do that.”

• Mark Dantonio. The current Michigan State coach comes from the Tressel coaching tree and served as Ohio State’s defensive coordinator on the 2002 national title team.

• Jon Gruden. Also an Ohio native, the Super-Bowl-winning former NFL coach has expressed an interest in college offenses, if not exactly a college head coaching job. He’s currently an analyst for ESPN’s “Monday Night Football.”

• Gary Patterson. TCU’s head coach just completed a Rose-Bowl-winning undefeated season.

• Chris Peterson. Boise State’s head coach has won 61 games in five years on the blue turf.

• Bob Stoops. Oklahoma’s head coach has already turned down a lot of coaching job offers since winning a national title in 2000.

• Mark Stoops. The current Florida State defensive coordinator and Youngstown Cardinal Mooney grad coached high school football in Ohio for four years.

#6 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9845 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

Just Great. We are going to have to deal with this shit for the next six months. If we do well this year, things will only get worse.

So lets all just hope that Nebraska plays well this season and that these rumors keep up because if the rumors die before tOSU picks a new coach, it means that we suck this year.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#7 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:56 AM

With Taylor Martinez at qb and Barney Cotton coaching the o-line, would could possibly go wrong?

:ninja:

#8 ass master

ass master

I like 'em dark and thick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Interests:Running, football, tv, coffee, fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

I have been deliberately avoiding husker news & sites during the offseason, because I can't handle the retardation levels that hit during this time of year.

At least Redout is kind of safe from it... Kind of.:unsure:

jiKCvn1.jpg22ayh3.jpg

#9 RINGKONG

RINGKONG

Rabid Unicorn's bitch!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110821 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

I have been deliberately avoiding husker news & sites during the offseason, because I can't handle the retardation levels that hit during this time of year.

At least Redout is kind of safe from it... Kind of.:unsure:

never go full retard son.

Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into healthy perspective.
Yeah, it's a 50 caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with... up close! It's only legal in two states. And this isn't one of them.

poster-38.jpg

#10 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

That's my motto.

#11 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Interests:Stirring the pot.
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

At least Redout is kind of safe from it... Kind of.Posted Image

Any hope for PirateBo?

He's got that glazed over look that doesn't change with time.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#12 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101513 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

We're talking to you PirateBo.

You got a mouse in your pocket?
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#13 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

Fitting for this thread.

Makes no fucking sense.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#14 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101513 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

Fitting for this thread.

Makes no fucking sense.

You are an idiot.

"We"?

You are never part of a "we", jackass.
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#15 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

Fitting for this thread.

Makes no fucking sense.

You are an idiot.

"We"?

Posted Image

Not asking for your or anyone elses acceptance around here.

Just clowing on the OP.

Fuck off.

#16 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101513 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

Fitting for this thread.

Makes no fucking sense.

You are an idiot.

"We"?

Posted Image

Just clowing on the OP.

Fuck off.

Fuck off?

From a moron who is incapable of recognizing adages older than he?

You ARE an idiot.
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#17 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

Fitting for this thread.

Makes no fucking sense.

You are an idiot.

"We"?

Posted Image

Just clowing on the OP.

Fuck off.

Fuck off?

You ARE an idiot.

Nice of you to break away from Andy Griffith reruns to enlighten us with your grade school humor.

No substance as usual from Johnny Drive-by.

#18 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101513 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

Fitting for this thread.

Makes no fucking sense.

You are an idiot.

"We"?

Posted Image

Just clowing on the OP.

Fuck off.

Fuck off?

You ARE an idiot.

Nice of you to break away from Andy Griffith reruns to enlighten us with your grade school humor.

Feeble attempt at an "I win", you loser.

You whistle not on your way to fish, but rather in your haste past the graveyard.

Moron.
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#19 Yossarian

Yossarian

won a major award -fijords

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9766 posts
  • Interests:Doing the Lord's work.
  • Nebraska

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

Johnny is the last person you should compare yourself to when it comes to substance.

#20 PirateBo

PirateBo

FuckStick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

Any hope for PirateBo?

He's got that glazed over look that doesn't change with time.

OK - I get it, BOX CAR is a fucking rat who jumps everyone's ass without making a point. Now that I have this documented, let's move on.
Yes Bo is a pirate, two hundred years too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
He's an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

JB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users