Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9845 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

I'm sure this was given now because of all the turmoil at tOSU. Interesting that he now makes more that Bielema.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

I'm sure this was given now because of all the turmoil at tOSU. Interesting that he now makes more that Bielema.

Especially considering what he has achieved so far. Hopefully the investment will eventually pay off. Time for less talk and more results.

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#4 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9376 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

Time for less talk and more results.

Zero conference championships.

Zero BSC bowl berths.

Zero "big" wins.

Undisciplined (penalties & turnovers).

A patchwork of coaching misfits.

Somebody please remind me -- what the fuck are we paying for here?

#5 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

I would say the Mizzou win last year and OU the year before qualify as "big" wins, but other than that you are spot on. The results to date are dissapointing, especially when you factor in 2-3 straight years of underachieving offense and not correcting so called correctable mistakes. Bo talks a good game, but that talk needs to be reflected on the field, and with consistency. His teams have been a box of chocolates week to week. And that is why he has yet to win anything of note.

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#6 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Interests:Stirring the pot.
  • Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

$250k buyout?

That isn't going to stop anyone...

Bo’s Bargain Buyout

BY Sam McKewon | 12:55 pm, Tuesday, Apr. 26 | POSTED IN Big Red TodayExcellent story from Rich Kaipust today regarding the nuts and bolts of Nebraska football head coach Bo Pelini’s new contract, designed to keep the chief steward of NU’s flagship sport and cash cow comfortable in his spacious North Stadium office.

But will it keep schools in search of a confident coach away from prowling around Pelini?

According to page five of our cool, interactive version of Bo’s contract athletic director Tom Osborne agreed to set Pelini’s buyout at a paltry $250,000 – just 9 percent of his of 2011 salary. That’s a nice gesture. But it’s not much of a deterrence to inquiring programs who want to sniff around.

If you want to force teams to truly pause before making a move on your coach, you take cues from Oregon when it renegotiated Chip Kelly’s contract last fall.

The Ducks, more or less underwritten by Nike founder Phil Knight, inserted a massive buyout into Kelly’s new deal. It started at $4 million if Kelly had left after last season, decreasing to a flat $2 million after the sixth year of the contract.

Kelly’s 2010 salary was $2.4 million. That meant that any school – say, Florida or Michigan – wanting to court Kelly had to shell out at least $6.4 million to match the salary plus the buyout penalty – coaches don’t typically pay that penalty out of their own pocket – and most likely somewhere north of $7 million with a raise commensurate with Kelly’s success in 2010. In 2011, the salary goes to $2.8 million while the buyout reduces to $3.75 million. See what Oregon did there? The salary/buyout combo is even higher now than it was in 2010.

Pelini, meanwhile, is scheduled to make $2.775 million in 2011. Tack $250,000 onto that, and the total is barely north of $3 million.

So let’s say Nebraska wins a Big Ten title and a Rose Bowl and Bo ends up atop several programs’ coaching lists. NU wouldn’t have many teeth to bear in response.

"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#7 PirateBo

PirateBo

FuckStick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

Zero BSC bowl berths.

Zero "big" wins.

Agree. Add to that the bizarre childish behavior on the sidelines and with the media. Bo better start producing big time results or his act will grow stale very soon.
Yes Bo is a pirate, two hundred years too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
He's an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

JB

#8 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Interests:Stirring the pot.
  • Nebraska

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

Zero BSC bowl berths.

Zero "big" wins.

Agree. Add to that the bizarre childish behavior on the sidelines and with the media. Bo better start producing big time results or his act will grow stale very soon.

Yep.

The amazing thing is that while Bo hasn't won jack shit nobody seems to mind him acting like a tyrant to the media and preaching discipline and accountability even though his team lacks it in every way. Why? Because he's slighly better then the piece of shit that last walked the sidelines. He's really fortunate that he didn't follow TO as he would be a ghost waiting to expire.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#9 Guest[wred]

Guest[wred]
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Zero BSC bowl berths.

Zero "big" wins.

Yep.

The amazing thing is that while Bo hasn't won jack shit nobody seems to mind him acting like a tyrant to the media and preaching discipline and accountability even though his team lacks it in every way. Why? Because he's slighly better then the piece of shit that last walked the sidelines. He's really fortunate that he didn't follow TO as he would be a ghost waiting to expire.

Ouch!

That one's gonna leave a mark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users