fieron

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

Linkie

BOULDER, Colo. -- Jon Embree will be introduced as Colorado's new football coach on Monday morning.

Word got out late last week that Embree, the Washington Redskins tight ends coach, was athletic director Mike Bohn's choice to replace Dan Hawkins, who was fired after going 19-39 in four-plus seasons in Boulder.

Embree
Embree

"It's a dream job with it being my alma mater and growing up out there, this is definitely the job that I've always wanted," Embree said Sunday.

"You have assistant coaches that have been around college football. A lot of recruiting is selling yourself and selling the program. Obviously knowing both very well, I'm excited about the prospects on the horizon."

Embree will be joined in Boulder next month by fellow former Buffalo Eric Bieniemy, who will finish out the season as the Minnesota Vikings' running backs coach before returning to Colorado to serve as Embree's offensive coordinator.

The Buffaloes have called a morning news conference to introduce Embree as the school's 24th full-time head coach and Embree flew to Colorado following the Redskins' 31-7 loss to the New York Giants.

"I'm excited about it. I'm ready to get out there and see what the landscape's like and get ready to start recruiting," Embree said. "I'll do that for a couple of weeks and then we'll have a dead period. I'll come back here to see these guys and watch them finish the season strong."

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan let Embree leave the team early so he could get a jump on recruiting.

"I'm very happy for Jon. He'll make a heck of a head coach," Shanahan said. "It's a dream job for him. He's done a heck of a job for us. I wish him well."

#2 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

Meh.

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#3 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101473 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

Does he need an Offensive Coordinator?
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#4 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Interests:Stirring the pot.
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

He already has one. Maybe Watson can be the co-offensive coordinator. The spread will never be the same.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#5 rr05

rr05

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts
  • Interests:sports
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

Heard the football team celebrated the hiring with a gang-rape of 4 co-eds.
You're all a bunch of fairweather fucks!

#6 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17259 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

Is embree's daughter hot ?

#7 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7153 posts
  • Interests:Watching this place meltdown and pretending that these aren't the same people that make fun of people doing it at the printer site
  • Nebraska

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

Didn't this story come out last week? Bohn is such a fucking moron for denying it last week just to announce t this week.

#8 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101473 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

He already has one. Maybe Watson can be the co-offensive coordinator. The spread will never be the same.

It was a rhetorical question.

Twatson would never leave for a lateral move anyway.
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users