• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Interests:Stirring the pot.
  • Nebraska

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

KSU 31
KU 0

2nd Quarter

Turner is bringing KU back to their glory days (1980's).

Stop cock blocking those mother fuckers Turner.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#2 RedHell

RedHell

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts
  • Interests:Burning kittens in front of crowds of children
  • Nebraska

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

I just hope pussy state wins enough games to make Nebraska's domination of them look good to a few pollsters. Kansas, this year at least, is a basket case. Turner, you may wanna reconsider some of your policies, cuz you are gonna need some recruits to that shithole.
Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8
Psalm 109:8
"Let his days be few; and let another take his office. "

#3 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

KSU 52
KU 0

3rd Quarter

Mary Mother of God KU sucks ass.

Turner is having a 1995 Schnellenberger type year at KU.

Awful.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#4 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

KSU 59
KU 7

Final

#5 RINGKONG

RINGKONG

Rabid Unicorn's bitch!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110821 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:29 PM

KSU 59
KU 7

Final

those nasty co-eds hurt KU. turner should get chastity belts for his team.. to prevent losses.

what a fucking imbecilePosted Image ...

Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into healthy perspective.
Yeah, it's a 50 caliber. They used to use it to hunt buffalo with... up close! It's only legal in two states. And this isn't one of them.

poster-38.jpg

#6 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9376 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

Somewhere last night, a smug Fat Man with a pizza sauce stain on his shirt and cheetos crumbs on his fingertips lifted his can of Dr. Pepper and paid a toast to the Jayhawks: "Fuck you motherfuckers!"

Jesus, KU is a shitty team. I don't see TG turning this shit around any time soon.

#7 RedHell

RedHell

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

Mellinger | Blame for loss falls on Gill

SAM MELLINGER COMMENTARY

LAWRENCE | The Kansas football season died here on Thursday night, and now the only hope is that the program isnít dead, too.

Hope is fading by the day.

Turner Gill is the $10 million coach of a five-cent program, six games into his career at Kansas and already owning three of the worst losses in recent Kansas football history.

Unranked Kansas State gutted the Jayhawks 59-7 in front of the best crowd Memorial Stadium will have all year, and as encouraging as this is for the Wildcats, the story here is the epic failure of Kansas football under Gill ó the bad hire that serves as Lew Perkinsí parting gift to KU.

The Jayhawks should be on the same level with programs like K-State and Baylor, but instead they lost by a total of 114-14.

Two weeks to prepare for a home game against a rival that could help salvage a season and gain a new coach credibility, and this is what happens?

That starts with the head coach. There are excuses to be made for Gill, and some of them are worth a listen. Kansas went 1-7 in the Big 12 last year with a team that lost the most productive quarterback and pair of wide receivers in school history.

No college coach can be fully or fairly judged until heís able to coach his own recruits, and Gill is no different.

But reality is impossible to ignore, especially when itís witnessed by a near-sellout crowd and national TV audience. And the reality is that reasonable people are forced to believe this experiment with the coach who doesnít allow cursing or women past 10 p.m. will end in the same embarrassing way itís beginning.

Think about it.

Gill is a motivator, thatís what weíre told. He is supposed to be an inspiration, the kind of leader college football players will fight for.

And his assistants? One of the better staffs in America, weíre told, the kind of coaches who can make the final product better than the raw material.

So, hereís what weíve seen: a team thatís quit two games in a row during shameful losses to middle-of-the-road programs. The Jayhawks have been terribly prepared, too, crystallized by three mental-error penalties that killed their first two drives of a game against a rival.

Mark Mangino wasnít liked by many of his players, but his teams always played hard. Just halfway through Gillís first season, and already thatís not true ó a glaring indictment for a coach in need of his playersí love.

Itís one thing to be a bad team with bad players. Itís another to be a bad team with bad players who are coached badly and arenít playing hard.

Worse: Gillís ultimate success or failure at KU depends upon recruiting more than any other factor, and how well do you think heíll be able to recruit now?

The Jayhawks have lost 11 of their last 13 games ó many of them on national TV for everyone to see. They lost to a mediocre team from the NCAAís junior-varsity division in the season opener and now have taken two brutal beatings in a row to what should be comparable peers.

So, in review, Gill is now trying to recruit better players to a losing program thatís not even allowed to have fun.

Good luck.

ďI guess you could say that,Ē Gill said when asked whether improving the program will be harder after two embarrassing losses.

K-Stateís Carson Coffman is one of the worst starting quarterbacks in major-college football, and KU made him look like a Heisman candidate: 15 completions in 16 throws and five total touchdowns.

Heck, backup Collin Klein made a 51-yard touchdown almost by accident ó the Wildcats just wanted to run out the clock.

K-State came into this just like KU: off an embarrassing blowout loss and desperate for something to feel good about. Games like this tell you as much about a teamís head and heart as talent and skill, and the difference between KU and K-State could not have been more obvious.

Kansas State is a good team, nothing more. The Wildcats have better players than the Jayhawks, but the difference in talent isnít huge.

You can get blown out by Nebraska or Oklahoma, and nobody will think much of it. But to do it against a team headed for the Holiday Bowl is something else entirely.

Kansas football is no longer an afterthought. KU football matters now, and for all his faults, Mangino took the program to unprecedented levels.

Perkins increased resources and attention and brought the facilities even with all but the truly elite. The infrastructure exists for a winner, but how could you believe that will happen with Gill?

The demands of the job are higher than at any point in the last three decades, and itís remarkable to see how far the program has tumbled in the 33 months and 31 games since the Orange Bowl.

Back then, Kansas looked like the rare school that might maintain success in both football and menís basketball.

Now, it looks a lot more like the Terry Allen years, right down to the unofficial end of KU football season with Late Night in the Phog tonight.

KU fans are already turning apathetic or angry at their football program, either talking about basketball or wondering when Gill can be fired. He receives far more support from Nebraska fans than Kansas.

Itís too early to talk seriously of firing Gill. But itís plenty fair to be convinced that his time at Kansas will end in shame and set the program back years.

Any other outcome and Gill will have led a miracle turnaround that even Kansas State and Bill Snyder could appreciate.

#8 fieron

fieron

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

What happened? He seemed to do ok at Buffalo. Did he have the same policies for players there (no phones, women)?

He'll always be welcome in the Husker family (expect on NU-KU game day), but seeing this I have to say I'm glad we didn't go with him after BC.

#9 Coloradosker

Coloradosker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts
  • Interests:Huskers baby!
  • Nebraska

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

The one thing I will say for Gill, to quote the genius Hawk, the place truly was burned to the ground. The losses of so many important weapons last season hurt. Quick, name 3 players for KU. Yeah, me neither. BUT, it's no excuse for the team quitting on him. That's all on Turner. He needs to dump his stupid ass conduct policies and focus on football.
There are offensive geniuses up and down the block, some real and some like Dan Hawkins, who either can't find a quarterback or doesn't recognize one.

Posted Image

#10 RedHell

RedHell

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

The one thing I will say for Gill, to quote the genius Hawk, the place truly was burned to the ground. The losses of so many important weapons last season hurt. Quick, name 3 players for KU. Yeah, me neither. BUT, it's no excuse for the team quitting on him. That's all on Turner. He needs to dump his stupid ass conduct policies and focus on football.

and teach those KU bitches what a LARGE HORSE COCK. is for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users