• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101473 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:54 PM

1.4M AT&T users seen jumping to Verizon iPhone
Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal

If Verizon Wireless gets to sell Apple Inc.'s iPhone in the first quarter, about 1 in 4 current AT&T customers, about 1.4 million subscribers, said they would switch carriers, a new report said.

A survey by Credit Suisse shows 23 percent of AT&T iPhone users said they would make the switch, with about 3 percent saying they would break their current contract to do it. Most said they would switch after their AT&T contracts expired.

AT&T (NYSE:T) has been the exclusive U.S. provider for Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) popular smartphone but there have been numerous reports that say Verizon will eventually get to sell the phone, too. Bloomberg reported in June that this will happen in January.

If that happens, Credit Suisse projects that Verizon's new subscriptions will double from about 2 million this year to about 4 million next year while AT&T's new subscriptions goes flat.

The iPhone has brought an estimated 24 million phone activations to AT&T through the first half of this year, the report estimated, accounting for about 30 percent of new subscriptions in 2009 and 2010.
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#2 UPSucks

UPSucks

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Turd Pie Baking
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:55 AM

The iPhone sucks. My Droid Incredible is WAY better than my iphone.

I jailbroke my iphone and moved to tmobile early. The ETF was still cheaper in the long run. AT&T's service and price both suck. I was paying for two phones what I am now with four phones at Verizon. Now I have unlimited text and a better phone. Fuck apple and at&t
IPB Image

Welcome to America
...now speak English

#3 fieron

fieron

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

Looks like Johnny found a new way to keep his post count high. No forum is safe now...

#4 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101473 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:04 AM

Looks like Johnny found a new way to keep his post count high. No forum is safe now...

Read it, or don't.
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users