• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Interests:Stirring the pot.
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

6-3.

Welcome to Kansas Turner.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#2 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101473 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

omg

But...

it is THE North Dakota State.
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#3 Coloradosker

Coloradosker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts
  • Interests:Huskers baby!
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

How the fuck does this happen? And what the fuck happened to OU? You really give up 24 points to Utah FUCKING STATE? And you nearly lose? Mizzery looked terrible against arguably the worst team in the Big 10. Texas looked like shit in their impressive 17 point win over RICE. Is there any chance that NU stumbles against anyone in the north this season? I gotta say, if I were able I would completely redo the polls this week with UT and Florida out of the top 10. Michigan would be in the top 15 and Oregon would be top 5. NU looks head and shoulders above all others in the conference at this point.
There are offensive geniuses up and down the block, some real and some like Dan Hawkins, who either can't find a quarterback or doesn't recognize one.

Posted Image

#4 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:15 PM

Poor Turner. Not the way you wanted his KU career to start. He just doesn't have much to work with.

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#5 Guest[wred]

Guest[wred]
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

NU looks head and shoulders above all others in the conference at this point.

Were you taking a four hour shit from 7-11pm?

Today shows us nothing.

Texas and OU will be fine. Both also have very young talented quarterbacks.

I thought we played uninspired on defense through most of the game. But for a great play by Gomes at the goalline and we would have given up two touchdowns to a team that hasn't won a game since 2008.

Aside from Burkhead our runningbacks are slow which isn't a good trait when your offensive line stinks. Our receivers dropped too many passes and the steriods that our receivers took in the offseason didn't exactly improve their foot speed.

We've got big problems at the LB position but I trust that Bo/Carl will fix those problems before conference play.

Martinez played well consdering it was his first start. I would like to see him get more players involved going forward. We know he can run but can he manage the game in the pocket? I hope our offensive line doesn't get Martinez killed.

And OU didn't exactly blow away a very weak Utah State team.

#6 Texker

Texker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4268 posts
  • Texas A&M

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:39 AM

Craig Bohl 1 Turner Gill 0

OUCH.

#7 ass master

ass master

I like 'em dark and thick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Interests:Running, football, tv, coffee, fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:13 AM

Gill is bringing classy to Lawrence. In losing fashion.

jiKCvn1.jpg22ayh3.jpg

#8 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17259 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

Poor Turner. Not the way you wanted his KU career to start. He just doesn't have much to work with.

mangino ate him out of house and home.

#9 RedHell

RedHell

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts
  • Interests:Burning kittens in front of crowds of children
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

Holy Shit. The Big 12 was 11-1 in week 1. Turner, my man, either bring some men in or find a new place to coach. North Dakota State? Kansas has been a sucky team for a long damned time, but North Dakota State. Shit, get UNO and UNK on the schedule or something. Your team only scores 3 points against those fucks? Come on man, Osborne will be rolling over in the grave you are digging for him if you keep this shit up.
Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8
Psalm 109:8
"Let his days be few; and let another take his office. "

#10 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7153 posts
  • Interests:Watching this place meltdown and pretending that these aren't the same people that make fun of people doing it at the printer site
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

It was a Bohl defense, Turner must not have any running backs that can run up the gut

#11 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101473 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

So...

Has the Rock Chalk Jayhawk Nation set up the "Fire Turner" website yet?
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#12 BDB

BDB

Raging Geek. fear my code!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10513 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

So...

Was before this game and not updated since: http://www.fireturnergill.com

#13 Coloradosker

Coloradosker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts
  • Interests:Huskers baby!
  • Nebraska

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:16 PM

So...

Was before this game and not updated since: http://www.fireturnergill.com

That website just wasted 1 minute of my life. They forgot to mention that all of the other candidates that they would have prefered would have taken a step down by taking the head coaching position at KU.
There are offensive geniuses up and down the block, some real and some like Dan Hawkins, who either can't find a quarterback or doesn't recognize one.

Posted Image

#14 fieron

fieron

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

Bohl piles on Gill

http://www2.ljworld....-coach-rips-ku/

Don’t be surprised if the back of the new massive Memorial Stadium scoreboard is fitted for corkboard today. The insults dumped on the Kansas University football team in the wake of a 6-3, season-opening loss to North Dakota State are far too plentiful to fit on any bulletin board.

The latest shot to the ribs comes from an unusual source, a coach who doesn’t speak in platitudes, a coach who goes back a long way with Turner Gill, a man who could use a friend or two coming to his aid at the moment.

North Dakota State coach Craig Bohl just might be in danger of drawing a flag for piling on, not to mention telling the naked truth, frowned upon in the football coaching fraternity.

Speaking on The Sportsnetwork.com’s weekly “In the FCS Huddle” segment, Bohl shared just how unimpressed he was with KU.

“I think the environment that we're going to play in Cedar Falls (Iowa) is going to be much more of a hostile environment than Memorial Stadium in Kansas,” Bohl said. “That was pretty docile. And the type of team that we’re going to be playing is going to be a much more physical, aggressive football team than KU.”

How do you really feel, Craig?

“And, quite frankly, I think we’re going to be playing a better opponent,” Bohl continued. “I know one school is in the Big 12 and the other one is in the Missouri Valley. I think that gives an indication on how we see Missouri Valley play and the respect we give Northern Iowa.”

The Kansas football team was just called soft by a coach from a lower-division team that went 3-8 a year ago. If that doesn’t stir pride, passion, pure anger, then nothing will. Emotions can go a long way for a football team, even one in a transition phase, one that can’t decide on a quarterback, a running back, the makeup of the offensive line, one desperately searching when the calendar says it should be more concerned with destroying.

Coaching transitions in college football are tough, and when they involve going from a tough taskmaster to a more nurturing leader, the athletes sometimes breathe a sigh of relief and relax a little too much.

Trying to put his finger on what went wrong and how it can be fixed, running back/captain Angus Quigley said, “When times get rough in practice and people are fatigued, we can’t take shortcuts and maybe not run as hard and things like that. It’s the little things in practice that people might be getting away with that are carrying over into the game.”

Nobody likes to get embarrassed. The players and coaching staff were embarrassed together, which ought to draw their circle a little tighter. Athletes tend to look to coaches to lead them out of such situations, a factor that will make Gill’s words louder this week.

“They’re great guys,” Quigley said of the coaches. “They’re mentors and leaders. They’re not only trying to grow us as football players, but also as young men, and you can’t help but respect that.”

Actions speak louder than words. If Quigley and teammates respect the new coaches as much as they say, they’ll give a better effort Saturday against a terrific Georgia Tech team.

#15 RedHell

RedHell

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

Well maybe Bo will hire Turner after he fires Twatson.

#16 fieron

fieron

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:23 PM

So I've been thinking about this question - what if Turner had gotten the job instead of Bo? We only have 1 game to evaluate Turner on at KU, but man - can you think what the start of 2008 would have been like losing to Western Michigan? If he couldn't beat NDSU at KU in game 1 then I wouldn't have confidence that he could be doing as well with NU as Bo is.

#17 RedHell

RedHell

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

So I've been thinking about this question - what if Turner had gotten the job instead of Bo? We only have 1 game to evaluate Turner on at KU, but man - can you think what the start of 2008 would have been like losing to Western Michigan? If he couldn't beat NDSU at KU in game 1 then I wouldn't have confidence that he could be doing as well with NU as Bo is.

Yeah, I think Turner is a decent head coach at a small college but I think his calling is as an assistant. His other mistake was taking the Kansas Job after the school was emptied of talent and hope. It takes somebody with a helluva personality to resurrect that shit. Turner has alot of things but a sparkling personality ain't one of them. But looking forward to Kansas and GTech, "Georgia Tech is the first ranked nonconference opponent to play at Kansas since 2001, when No. 14 UCLA beat Kansas 41-17. KU is 25-140-2 against ranked opponents." stolen from The Topeka Capital-Journal.

#18 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17259 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

Everybody be quiet. I think I hear some KU fans now...

"Wait till basketball season."

#19 RedHell

RedHell

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

what's basketball? I was born in Nebraska.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users