#1 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

An interview book that has 3-10 pages of questions and answers per person by what's basically a Who's Who in opera. With a couple notable exceptions (no James Levine, Bryn Terfel, or Cecilia Bartoli) if they're a big name, they're in here along with many others. Really interesting insights into the art of singing and performing, the various factors that they each feel are important (Dessay says that singing is only 30% of an opera singers job!), and the views of opera from conductors, stage designers, administrators, and of course the singers. Really fun and entertaining read. Plus, one of the longer interviews is with the fabulous Diana Damrau, who I'm kind of in love with.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am master of my fate and captain of my soul.

#2 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21032 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

I'm sure there are other posters who have read this as well...

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#3 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12932 posts
  • Interests:Blowing dudes, and running a train on other dudes.
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

An interview book that has 3-10 pages of questions and answers per person by what's basically a Who's Who in opera. With a couple notable exceptions (no James Levine, Bryn Terfel, or Cecilia Bartoli) if they're a big name, they're in here along with many others. Really interesting insights into the art of singing and performing, the various factors that they each feel are important (Dessay says that singing is only 30% of an opera singers job!), and the views of opera from conductors, stage designers, administrators, and of course the singers. Really fun and entertaining read. Plus, one of the longer interviews is with the fabulous Diana Damrau, who I'm kind of in love with.

My God, you're gay. Kill yourself.

NEBRASKA, THE HOME OF THE MAROON, SILVER, AND BLACK!

#4 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

Naw, just smart / cultured. Although there is some superficial similarity between the two, there's only the one you'll ever need to worry about succumbing to.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am master of my fate and captain of my soul.

#5 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98362 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

Naw, just smart / cultured. Although there is some superficial similarity between the two, there's only the one you'll ever need to worry about succumbing to.

Wow.

Gay, and mentally deranged.
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#6 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

Wow.

Isn't there a minor coaching change on a Division II team somewhere that you need to make a post about w/ 43 follow up news articles?

#7 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98362 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

Wow.

Isn't there a minor coaching change on a Division II team somewhere that you need to make a post about w/ 43 follow up news articles?

Not that I'm aware of.

Isn't there a couple bottles of 'zam Rx you're overdue to be swallowing?

Add them to the estrogen overdose you are on...
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#8 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Wow.

Not that I'm aware of.

Sick burn bro. Gotta admit, I'm impressed you're busting out the three syllable words.

#9 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98362 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

Wow.

Not that I'm aware of.

Sick burn bro. Gotta admit, I'm impressed you're busting out the three syllable words.

Twas truly serendipitous.
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#10 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:07 AM

Wow.

Not that I'm aware of.

I know you're trying to impress me, and believe me -- the effort is appreciated. However, twas should have an apostrophe in front of it, ala: 'twas. S'ok; keep up the good work, lil' buddy.

#11 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98362 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

Wow.

Not that I'm aware of.

I know you're trying to impress me, and believe me -- the effort is appreciated. However, twas should have an apostrophe in front of it, ala: 'twas. S'ok; keep up the good work, lil' buddy.

You calling me "lil' buddy" verifies your ignorance. I imagine I've shit bigger turds than you (but just barely).
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#12 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:50 PM

Wow.

Not that I'm aware of.

You calling me "lil' buddy" verifies your ignorance. I imagine I've shit bigger turds than you (but just barely).

So what you're saying is that you're imagining men coming from your ass.

#13 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98362 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

Nah. Just picturing the pile of shit you are.
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#14 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21032 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

Posted Image

Where is our own Opera Man to comment on this?

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#15 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9362 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

I hear the theme music to the TV show "Taxi" softly playing in the bqackground.

#16 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

I hear the theme music to the TV show "Taxi" softly playing in the bqackground.

Wow, what a callback! :D
Thankfully, it's not an issue any more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users