mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

Barney Cotton has OC experience. He led Iowa State....uh, nowhere. He would be a great fit for teh Buff offense.

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#23 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9376 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

The Buffs should give The Hawk another year. He'll have them back to their winning ways by then.

#24 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

Colorado:

FootballCoachScoop sources tell the buyout that we first reported, on November 14, has been approved by the appropriate people in the University and that a formal announcement is being planned after several meetings in the last week.

#25 Coloradosker

Coloradosker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts
  • Interests:Huskers baby!
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:12 AM

After cruising a few CU boards I've come to the conclusion that most of their fans are completely delusional when it comes to the new coach. I'm reading discussions about Brian Kelly, Mike Stoops, Kyle Whittingham, Chris Peterson, even Mike Shannahan. Seeing as how any one of those would be a gigantic step down into the shithole that is CU football right now, who is realistically out there? I'd put my two cents in for Turner or Dan McCarney. Both have coached in the Big XII and had success. Both have shown that they can take programs that are dead in the water and make them viable again. Thoughts? (You know, besides fuck CU. That's just a given).
There are offensive geniuses up and down the block, some real and some like Dan Hawkins, who either can't find a quarterback or doesn't recognize one.

Posted Image

#26 Coloradosker

Coloradosker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

Colorado:

FootballCoachScoop sources confirm that AD Mike Bohn met with Mike Shanahan, former Denver Broncos Head Coach, today to discuss future <BR soft>possibilities with the Colorado Football Program.

And Shanny wore his super bowl rings and giggled the entire "interview".
There are offensive geniuses up and down the block, some real and some like Dan Hawkins, who either can't find a quarterback or doesn't recognize one.

Posted Image

#27 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:19 AM

God help us if they hire Brian Kelly. They'd win the MNC every hear until he retired.

#28 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7154 posts
  • Interests:Watching this place meltdown and pretending that these aren't the same people that make fun of people doing it at the printer site
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:23 AM

Chris Petersen of Boise? How did the last Boise State coach work out?

#29 5thYearFreshman

5thYearFreshman

mAd Fat chiCk killA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7154 posts
  • Interests:Watching this place meltdown and pretending that these aren't the same people that make fun of people doing it at the printer site
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

God help us if they hire Brian Kelly. They'd win the MNC every hear until he retired.

The transformation would then be complete, Shithole Suzie would become the new L Buff and start threatening fistacuffs.

#30 Coloradosker

Coloradosker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

Chris Petersen of Boise? How did the last Boise State coach work out?

Yes but they all *now* understand that Hawk was not the next coming. Peterson was the brains of the operation all along so they'll go all out on this one too.

Posted Image

#31 CU SUCKS

CU SUCKS

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:06 PM

Please please please keep Hawkins. I really like what he has done with the program. He definitely should be given more time to completely bury that program.

#32 MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs

Step 2 of a 1 step banning program

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7722 posts
  • Interests:Fun
  • Colorado

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

Colorado:

FootballCoachScoop sources confirm that AD Mike Bohn met with Mike Shanahan, former Denver Broncos Head Coach, today to discuss future <BR soft>possibilities with the Colorado Football Program.

While I find it far fetched myself here is the basic theory.

Shanny gets $7mil per year for the next 2/5 years as long as he does NOT accept another NFL job. A college job would be fair game, or salary in addition to what Bowlen will pay.
Shanny just built a 20,000 sf multi million dollar home in Denver as well as opening a restaurant at the height shittiest real estate market of all time.
Shanny wants HC and GM titles.
Any owner to buy him out would have to cough up $20 mil for the buyout plus a salary equivalent to, or greater than, Bowlen was paying him. He gets paid to play golf. A poster at Allbuffs who works at Centennial airport noted the presence of A gulfstream at the airport for several day with the Redskins logo painted on the tail around the time Shanny was rumored to be being courted by the Skins. A job he suposedly turned down.

So, he could posture for another NFL job while spending 2.5 years at CU. His son Kyle, OC at the Texans, is rumored to be a part of the deal.

Like I said. Far fetched. But if you could still coach. And get $7mil to stay in your favorite town what would you do?

#33 Coloradosker

Coloradosker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

Colorado:

Shanny gets $7mil per year for the next 2/5 years as long as he does NOT accept another NFL job. A college job would be fair game, or salary in addition to what Bowlen will pay.
Shanny just built a 20,000 sf multi million dollar home in Denver as well as opening a restaurant at the height shittiest real estate market of all time.
Any owner to buy him out would have to cough up $20 mil for the buyout plus a salary equivalent to, or greater than, Bowlen was paying him. He gets paid to play golf. A poster at Allbuffs who works at Centennial airport noted the presence of A gulfstream at the airport for several day with the Redskins logo painted on the tail around the time Shanny was rumored to be being courted by the Skins. A job he suposedly turned down.

So, he could posture for another NFL job while spending 2.5 years at CU. His son Kyle, OC at the Texans, is rumored to be a part of the deal.

Like I said. Far fetched. But if you could still coach. And get $7mil to stay in your favorite town what would you do?

The flip side of this is that he'd be coaching at a school where the students are indifferent to football and some of the more outspoken staff would give their right arms just to get rid of the football program all together. Maybe Shanny being who he is would bring change to all of that, but with him being such a type A personality and, I suspect, having a need to be more or less worshiped for what he does, I'm not sure that CU would fulfill that for him, especially early on.

Posted Image

#34 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14613 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

After cruising a few CU boards I've come to the conclusion that most of their fans are completely delusional when it comes to the new coach. I'm reading discussions about Brian Kelly, Mike Stoops, Kyle Whittingham, Chris Peterson, even Mike Shannahan. Seeing as how any one of those would be a gigantic step down into the shithole that is CU football right now, who is realistically out there? I'd put my two cents in for Turner or Dan McCarney. Both have coached in the Big XII and had success. Both have shown that they can take programs that are dead in the water and make them viable again. Thoughts? (You know, besides fuck CU. That's just a given).

Turner would be an interesting candidate... I think he would be better off at a smaller school in a smaller conference like TCU or something like that, but he could probably do good things at CU. He's a good coach and as you said has experience in the conference and also has ties to TX which would help big time with recruiting, especially considering CU already has inroads at a lot of places on the west coast.

any coach hired by CU has to deal with the hostility of the administration and indifference of the fans and students, though, and I dont think it would be a good situation for him because of that.

I think Turner Gill could do very well at KU, though, as Mighty Mangino's replacement.
"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#35 MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7722 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

Turner would be an interesting candidate... I think he would be better off at a smaller school in a smaller conference like TCU or something like that, but he could probably do good things at CU. He's a good coach and as you said has experience in the conference and also has ties to TX which would help big time with recruiting, especially considering CU already has inroads at a lot of places on the west coast.

any coach hired by CU has to deal with the hostility of the administration and indifference of the fans and students, though, and I dont think it would be a good situation for him because of that.

I think Turner Gill could do very well at KU, though, as Mighty Mangino's replacement.

Anyone could probably do better. When Hawkins was hired he lamented how thin the OL was. Here was are 4 years later and the OL is even thinner than when he arrived. He's had too many transfers, too many kids that didn't get in, and essentially failed to coach up what he had. There is some talent on the team at WR, RB, and on defense. They are just bad on offense.

#36 MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7722 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

Colorado:

The flip side of this is that he'd be coaching at a school where the students are indifferent to football and some of the more outspoken staff would give their right arms just to get rid of the football program all together. Maybe Shanny being who he is would bring change to all of that, but with him being such a type A personality and, I suspect, having a need to be more or less worshiped for what he does, I'm not sure that CU would fulfill that for him, especially early on.

The students show up pretty well. If the academics wanted to kill football now would be their chance. Or the scandal would have. Article in todays paper indicated the board of regents would support a buyout if Bohn and DiStephano ask. The school is in a pickle over this because Colorado cuts to HE spending will be about $22mil in June when FY 2011 starts. Cant use tax payer money for the buyout.

#37 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101549 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:22 AM

Colorado:

The students show up pretty well. If the academics wanted to kill football now would be their chance. Or the scandal would have. Article in todays paper indicated the board of regents would support a buyout if Bohn and DiStephano ask. The school is in a pickle over this because Colorado cuts to HE spending will be about $22mil in June when FY 2011 starts. Cant use tax payer money for the buyout.

I'd say use booster money, but... :biggrin:
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#38 Fort Worth Buff

Fort Worth Buff

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3554 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:56 AM

Colorado:

The buyout, just like Barnett's buyout, will not be using taxpayer money.

#39 MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7722 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

Thats probably the only option. The problem is the boosters of substance all took a haircut in the markets like the rest of us did. The will is there but they money might not be.

Ultimately it will not. Where your wrong is that Barnett's buyout and the hiring of Dan Hawkins had the AD borrow $8,000,000 from the general fund at 2%. Some of that went to cover a shortfall on the AD balance sheet from overestimating donations. Tharp was bad at math apparently compared to Bohn. The general fund was also financing the stadium expansion (all boxes and club seats) completed in 2005(?).

If Hawkins is here next year it will be because of money.

#40 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101549 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

Thats probably the only option. The problem is the boosters of substance all took a haircut in the markets like the rest of us did. The will is there but they money might not be.

Ultimately it will not. Where your wrong is that Barnett's buyout and the hiring of Dan Hawkins had the AD borrow $8,000,000 from the general fund at 2%. Some of that went to cover a shortfall on the AD balance sheet from overestimating donations. Tharp was bad at math apparently compared to Bohn. The general fund was also financing the stadium expansion (all boxes and club seats) completed in 2005(?).

If Hawkins is here next year it will be because of money.

You cut off your head in addition to your fingers.

:biggrin: = no boosters and no money.

Dipshit.
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users