RED * DANE

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts
  • Interests:widely ranging but deceptively shallow
  • Texas

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

Yo, Falcon, ima let you finish, but Anne Frank had one of the best attic hideouts of all time.

excellent work on the interwebs
you're only young once but you can be immature forevar.

#22 BDB

BDB

Raging Geek. fear my code!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10513 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

San Francisco Chronicle reporting Michael Crabtree wasn't holding out - he was actually asleep in the attic the whole time.

(thanks, Jay-Husker)

#23 RedHell

RedHell

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts
  • Interests:Burning kittens in front of crowds of children
  • Nebraska

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

When I was a kid a family lived down the street from me, 5 kids to hippy parents. Their names?

Birch, Oak, Pine, Evergreen and the girl was Sky.

Was that the Sol family?
Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8
Psalm 109:8
"Let his days be few; and let another take his office. "

#24 ashtonhusker

ashtonhusker

turkey butt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2451 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

When I was a kid a family lived down the street from me, 5 kids to hippy parents. Their names?

Was that the Sol family?

Pine Sol ??? :emot-xd: :emot-xd: :emot-xd:

#25 MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs

Step 2 of a 1 step banning program

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7722 posts
  • Interests:Fun
  • Colorado

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

Was that the Sol family?

They were the Woods.

There was someone from somewhere named Balsam Wood. His brother was Forest.

#26 HuskerFan

HuskerFan

I like to walk to lz's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9376 posts
  • Interests:NU football, reading, weight lifting, physical fitness, backpacking, chess, increasing my wealth
  • Nebraska

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

Was that the Sol family?

They were the Woods.

And his uncle was named Morning.

#27 ashtonhusker

ashtonhusker

turkey butt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2451 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

Was that the Sol family?

They were the Woods.

:o

:emot-xd:

#28 MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs

Step 2 of a 1 step banning program

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7722 posts
  • Interests:Fun
  • Colorado

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

Was that the Sol family?

They were the Woods.

His father was....

#29 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101549 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:39 AM

Affidavit: Balloon mom admits hoax
Motive for stunt? To make ‘Heene family more marketable’ for TV

DENVER - The mother of the 6-year-old boy once feared missing inside a runaway helium balloon admitted the whole saga was a hoax, according to court documents released Friday.

Mayumi Heene told sheriff's deputies that she and her husband, Richard, "knew all along that Falcon was hiding in the residence" in Fort Collins, according to an affidavit used to get a search warrant for the home.

She allegedly told investigators the incident was a hoax meant to make them more marketable to the media.

"Mayumi described that she and Richard Heene devised this hoax approximately two weeks earlier.... She and Richard had instructed their three children to lie to authorities as well as the media regarding this hoax," the affidavit said.

Richard Heene has denied a hoax. His lawyer, David Lane, said Friday he is waiting to see the evidence in the case.

"Allegations are cheap," Lane said.

Mayumi Heene's lawyer, Lee Christian, was traveling and didn't immediately respond to messages left with his office.

Larimer County sheriff's officials declined to comment Friday.

Sheriff Jim Alderden has said he will recommend charges against the Heenes including conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, making a false report to authorities, and attempting to influence a public servant. The most serious charges are felonies and carry a maximum sentence of six years in prison.

Alderden said authorities also would be seeking restitution for the costs of the balloon chase, though he didn't provide a figure.

His office has said it will likely be next week before it forwards its findings to prosecutors to decide on charges.

In frantic calls to a TV station, 911 and federal aviation officials, the Heenes reported that they feared Falcon was in the homemade, saucer-like balloon when it was accidentally launched from their back yard last week.

'For a show'
Millions watched as media and National Guard helicopters tracked the balloon across the Colorado plains. It landed in a dusty farm field, where ground crews looked inside but found no sign of the boy.

Later, the relieved-looking couple reported Falcon had been hiding in their garage the whole time. But suspicion heated up when Falcon made a comment on CNN that sounded like "You had said we did this for a show."

Sheriff's deputies questioned the parents separately on Oct. 17, two days after the flight. Mayumi Heene told authorities "she and Richard Heene had lied to authorities on October 15, 2009 (the day of the flight)," the affidavit said.

She told investigators "that the release of the flying saucer was intentional as a hoax. ... The motive for the fabricated story was to make the Heene family more marketable for future media interest," the affidavit said.

The Heenes twice had appeared on ABC's reality show "Wife Swap," and acquaintances said Richard Heene had plans for other possible shows.

The producer of "Wife Swap" had a show in development with the Heenes but said the deal is now off. The TLC cable network also said Heene had pitched a reality show months ago, but it passed on the offer.
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#30 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101549 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

Lawyer: ‘Balloon boy’ family ready to surrender
Attorney says that making the Heenes do ‘perp walk’ would be ‘child abuse’

Posted Image
Richard Heene, center, follows his son, Falcon, right, as Mayumi Heene blocks the door as they leave their home in Fort Collins, Colo., early on Sunday.

By Michael Inbar
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 8:18 a.m. CT, Mon., Oct . 19, 2009
Richard and Mayumi Heene may soon face charges after being accused of trying to whip up a media frenzy with a tall tale about their son floating away in a makeshift flying saucer — but Richard Heene’s lawyer told TODAY Monday that the father of the now-infamous “balloon boy” should not suffer the public indignity of being led away in handcuffs.

“I’ve said, ‘Look, these folks are willing to turn themselves in the minute that you give me the phone call. I will have them in your office within 10 minutes, all right?’ ” attorney David Lane told Matt Lauer.

Lane added that he told authorities: “Do not do the perp walk for media consumption and arrest these people in full view of their children. That’s child abuse. That’s traumatic for kids.”

The ‘Great Balloon Hoax’
Four days after the Heene family captured the nation’s attention as law enforcement went on a desperate chase for the runaway balloon constructed by their amateur-scientist dad — in the mistaken notion that the Heenes’ 6-year-old son, Falcon, was trapped inside — the Larimer County Sheriff’s Department is close to charging Richard and wife Mayumi Heene in what is being billed as the “Great Balloon Hoax.”

Police interviewed the Heenes and searched their home over the weekend. Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden said his department has asked prosecutors to consider possible charges of conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, false reporting to a public official and attempt to influence public officials.

Alderden said the Heenes “put on a very good show for us, and we bought it” when they said they feared Falcon was inside the balloon as it headed into the heavens last Thursday. After a five-hour wild-goose chase, Richard Heene said the family discovered Falcon hiding in the rafters of the family garage — a story that authorities began to doubt when Falcon said in a CNN interview that night, “We did this for a show.” Speculation ran high that the family was trying to draw attention to themselves in hopes of landing a reality TV show.

Rush to judgment?
On TODAY Monday, Lane said that any talk of criminal charges is speculative at this point: “We’re in a position of being a batter in a batter’s box waiting for a pitcher to throw a pitch. We can’t swing until the pitcher throws a ball.” The lawyer cautioned against a rush to judgment against the Heenes, who have been known to have a fascination with the limelight after the family appeared on the reality show “Wife Swap.”

Lauer told Lane the situation looks bad for the Heenes from a public relations viewpoint, given the police assertion that the family alerted the media before they called the local police. But Lane questioned whether that was actually the case: “Multiple telephones were being used in all of this. The word being put out by the sheriff — I’m not convinced that is in fact the reality of what happened.”

Still, the sheriff’s department spent the weekend blowing holes in the Heenes’ version of events. It has questioned the Heenes’ statement that Falcon had been hiding in the rafters pouting after Richard had scolded him, with Alderden saying, “For all we know, he may have been two blocks down the road playing in a swing in a city park.”

“Wouldn’t you admit it smells pretty bad?” Lauer asked Lane Monday.

Lane pointed to the late Richard Jewell — the unjustly suspected pipe bomber at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta — as an example of someone who was tried in the media before he ever got a day in court.

“If you could go talk to Richard Jewell, who is unfortunately deceased, all the neighbors were clucking their tongues about, ‘Oh, he seemed like such a nice man,’ ” Lane said. “Well, it turned out he was such a nice man and he was wrongly accused. [Now] everyone is clucking their tongues about Richard Heene and what a terrible man he must be. Video

“The presumption of innocence exists for a reason in this country,” Lane added.

High price tag
Police claim the supposed balloon hoax ended up costing plenty. The Denver International Airport was temporarily shut down, and two National Guard helicopters were employed to first chase the balloon, then search for several hours for Falcon, who was feared to have fallen out of the strange contraption.

Lane said his first concern is still the well-being of the Heene children, who include Falcon’s older brothers, Ryan and Bradford.

“If law enforcement arrest mom and dad in the presence of kids — whether mom or dad are guilty, innocent, or somewhere in between — that’s child abuse,” Lane said. “There’s no excuse for law enforcement to contact the media, to bring them out in full view of their kids on TV, and arrest mom and dad.”
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

#31 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101549 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

Former Landlady: Balloon Boy Dad's a Deadbeat

NBCLosAngeles.com
updated 1:16 p.m. CT, Mon., Oct . 19, 2009
First the nation sat riveted to the story of little six-year-old Falcon Heene, who, they thought, was sailing over Colorado in a runaway balloon. Turned out Falcon was safe at home, hiding in the attic. Reporters asked Falcon's dad, Richard Heene, why Falcon would hide like that.

"He said it's because I yelled at him," said Richard Heene, who lived in Burbank a few years ago. "I'm sorry I yelled at him."

His former landlady is dubious. When Heene rented a home from Carrie Cavalier in Burbank a few years ago, he wasn't exactly the picture of responsibility.

Heene lived in Burbank for a few years, trying to live the Hollywood dream. He met Cavalier before she rented him her home, and she took headshots for him, so he could pursue an acting career that never got off the ground.

"So, of course, you know, I let him rent it," she said. "And he was supposed to pay me money and the rent was late."

Things went sour soon after she rented the house. By the time he skipped town in 2007, moving the family to Colorado, Heene owed Cavalier $6,000, she said.

"He was supposed to pay me security and last month's rent, and then I said, why don't you fix my roof," she said.

He claimed he fixed the roof, Cavalier said -- but it still leaked.

"He just never followed through with it, " she says.

When Heene left, she took pictures of the damage he left behind. And she's still waiting for her rent money.
Posted Image

Go Big Red!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users