• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12934 posts
  • Interests:Blowing dudes, and running a train on other dudes.
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:01 AM

Boxcar just creamed himself.

http://spartyandfrie...hamp-to-auburn/

NEBRASKA, THE HOME OF THE MAROON, SILVER, AND BLACK!

#2 ass master

ass master

I like 'em dark and thick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Interests:Running, football, tv, coffee, fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(JiggaBo Pelini @ Dec 12 2008, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boxcar just creamed himself.

http://spartyandfrie...hamp-to-auburn/

Clemson / Texas? WTF, I'd rather coach at Texas.

jiKCvn1.jpg22ayh3.jpg

#3 atlHUSKER

atlHUSKER

Offical Obama A.S.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11730 posts
  • Interests:Yes they deserve to die, and i hope the burn in hell!
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

dayum...wonder what Mack thinks of this. if true, kinda a slap in his face isn't it?
Who the fuck is atlHUSKER?
Posted Image

#4 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9845 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(Nalow @ Dec 12 2008, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but Muschamp was not told when that might be. Mack doesn't look like retiring real soon.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#5 Coop

Coop

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16360 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(Nalow @ Dec 12 2008, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will personally guarantee that Muschamp will not be the head coach at Clemson next year.

#6 ass master

ass master

I like 'em dark and thick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts
  • Interests:Running, football, tv, coffee, fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(Coop @ Dec 12 2008, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will personally guarantee that Muschamp will not be the head coach at Clemson next year.

HAHA... I got bowl game on the brain.

jiKCvn1.jpg22ayh3.jpg

#7 epic fail

epic fail

Varsity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Big XII Football, handguns, hard liquor, lug nuts, aaa bateries and people who run red lights
  • Texas

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

I doubt Muschamp has talked to anybody.

#8 Coloradosker

Coloradosker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts
  • Interests:Huskers baby!
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(epic fail @ Dec 12 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt Muschamp has talked to anybody.

Sporting News has the denial story: http://www.sportingn...ic.php?t=496263

I'd be inclined to believe him except for the Saban incident tells me where there's smoke, there's generally fire.

There are offensive geniuses up and down the block, some real and some like Dan Hawkins, who either can't find a quarterback or doesn't recognize one.

Posted Image

#9 Coop

Coop

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16360 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

It's official.

#10 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12934 posts
  • Interests:Blowing dudes, and running a train on other dudes.
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(Coop @ Dec 12 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's official.

Fuck you, Mods.

NEBRASKA, THE HOME OF THE MAROON, SILVER, AND BLACK!

#11 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Interests:Stirring the pot.
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

Word is that Turner may be the choice.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#12 BDB

BDB

Raging Geek. fear my code!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10513 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

Gene Chizik???

http://www.footballr...izik-to-auburn/

http://www.footballr...to-hire-chizik/

#13 fieron

fieron

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:26 AM

Apparently Gill said no to Syracuse:

Gill not really interested

Will he stay put this year? Or is he heading somewhere else already?

#14 RedHell

RedHell

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts
  • Interests:Burning kittens in front of crowds of children
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(fieron @ Dec 13 2008, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently Gill said no to Syracuse:

Gill not really interested

Will he stay put this year? Or is he heading somewhere else already?

Gill and skip holtz telling Syracuse to fuck themselves. The year is ending well.
Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8
Psalm 109:8
"Let his days be few; and let another take his office. "

#15 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:46 PM

Sources: Auburn to name Chizik as coach

ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 13, 2008, 4:26 PM ET

Iowa State coach Gene Chizik has been hired as the next coach of Auburn, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com.

Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said in a statement released Friday that his understanding is that Chizik -- the Tigers defensive coordinator from 2002-04 -- had met with Auburn officials and was a serious candidate for the job.

Chizik was unavailable for further comment Friday.

Pollard declined to comment to The Associated Press when approached at the Iowa State-Iowa basketball game on Friday night.

Under Chizik in 2004, the Tigers allowed a national-low 11.3 points per game en route to an unbeaten season.

Chizik then left for Texas. He spent two seasons as Mack Brown's assistant head coach and defensive coordinator, helping the Longhorns to the 2005 national championship.

Chizik took over at Iowa State for Dan McCarney following the 2006 season and was regarded among the nation's best young coaches when he took the job. But he's gone just 5-19 in two seasons at Iowa State -- including a 2-10 mark in 2008.

The Cyclones went winless in Big 12 play this season, and their win total has dipped in each of the past three seasons.

Last week, Chizik stripped offensive coordinator Robert McFarland and defensive coordinator Wayne Bolt of those duties and reassigned them within the staff. He also fired quarterbacks coach Tony Petersen and secondary coach Shawn Raney.

Neither of Iowa State's coordinator positions have been filled.

Talk about a desperation move by the Tigers. What in the hell has Chizik done in three years at ISU? Hell, ISU has gotten worse each year. Not saying that he can't succeed at Auburn but I'm guessing that he wasn't their second or third choice. Anyone with a Rivals subscription should read the following column over at CycloneReport.com it's pure comedy gold:

Dateline Campustown: Auburn Can't Count

Glad that Turner isn't going to Auburn but the slots are filling up. Could he be headed to ISU? icon_mad.gif
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#16 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14613 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

I would be pissed if I was an ISU fan, though... they gave him his shot as a head coach, and he bails after 3 years?

but then again, as already pointed out, what has he done at ISU? maybe the ISU fans are happy to see him go.

I dont see him having an easy time recruiting in the SEC, either...

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#17 fieron

fieron

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

I don't see Turner coming to the BigXII unless it was a Texas school (or NU, but I hope to have our current coach be successful for a long time) - maybe TCU if Patterson heads somewhere? That may not be a step up necessarily, but would be a more prominent program (in the past decade) than Buffalo.

#18 johnnyhusker82

johnnyhusker82

ZEN Master of REDOUT!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101525 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Reading, & Guns
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:33 PM

Auburn has its man and he is former Iowa State coach Gene Chizik. No, really. Chizik has agreed to a deal with Auburn that will release ISU from it's six-year obligation to pay him one million dollars per conference victory. Needless to say, ISU did not make a counter offer. The powers that be in the Cyclone athletic department will take the buyout money and begin searching for a new head coach, once they quit laughing and toasting Auburn for taking the most unprepared, overmatched and incompetent head coach of the modern era off their hands.

http://iowastate.riv...asp?SR=RivalsFP

How do they really feel?
Posted Image

What is your favorite color?

Go Big Red!

#19 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(johnnyhusker82 @ Dec 13 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good stuff.

Maybe some sour grapes but I guess I can understand why they might be pissed given the way things have transpired.

#20 Fort Worth Buff

Fort Worth Buff

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3554 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

Horrible choice. Just horrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users