• Please log in to reply
910 replies to this topic

#1 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12934 posts
  • Interests:Blowing dudes, and running a train on other dudes.
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:06 AM

I thought we needed a permanent thread about the '08 primary's.

So I made one. Fuck off if you dont like it.

New Hampshire today and the expected winners are Obama and McCain.

After watching the debates, Mike Huckabee is growing on me.

I like Romney the least. He seems a little too douchey.

Atl likes Obama! fyoucchorn.gif

NEBRASKA, THE HOME OF THE MAROON, SILVER, AND BLACK!

#2 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14613 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:21 AM

I hope Obama wins the democratic nomination, as that will pretty much guarantee that a republican will be president.

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#3 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9850 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(Hoosier_Husker @ Jan 8 2008, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope Obama wins the democratic nomination, as that will pretty much guarantee that a republican will be president.

You make Hillary cry.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#4 Coop

Coop

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16360 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:29 AM

Huckabee is only useful because of the Chuck Norris connection. I'd vote for him if he won the nomination and made Chuck Norris his running mate. Chuck would kill him in his sleep the day of the inauguration, and take the presidency. Actually I think in that case Chuck's right fist would be the President and his left fist would be the Vice President.

#5 atlHUSKER

atlHUSKER

Offical Obama A.S.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11730 posts
  • Interests:Yes they deserve to die, and i hope the burn in hell!
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(harstad @ Jan 8 2008, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought we needed a permanent thread about the '08 primary's.

So I made one. Fuck off if you dont like it.

New Hampshire today and the expected winners are Obama and McCain.

After watching the debates, Mike Huckabee is growing on me.

I like Romney the least. He seems a little too douchey.

Atl likes Obama! fyoucchorn.gif

fyoucchorn.gif

actually...i do....I attended his rally when he came here earlier in 07 at the Georgia Tech campus. He's just about got my vote locked up...fuck hillary and fuck edwards...

and, no, HH, the repubs still don't have a chance even if the dem's nominated a turd sandwich and a giant douche as their pres/vp....the currently run republican party has unfortunately fucked shit up for you guys this year and you could have a really good candidate and still lose...might as well plan for '12 at this point.

Since the majority here hates anything to do with dem's, though...I'll keep on topic and discuss the repubs...

I'm ok on Huckabee and McCain....Mitt seems a little slimey to me and rudy is a giant douche. Ron Paul is a little looney, but I actually like him....at least he (of all candidates, repub or dem) seems to be the most honest, even if what he says is a little out there sometimes...
Who the fuck is atlHUSKER?
Posted Image

#6 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12934 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(atlHUSKER @ Jan 8 2008, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fyoucchorn.gif

actually...i do....I attended his rally when he came here earlier in 07 at the Georgia Tech campus. He's just about got my vote locked up...fuck hillary and fuck edwards...
and, no, HH, the repubs still don't have a chance even if the dem's nominated a turd sandwich and a giant douche as their pres/vp....the currently run republican party has unfortunately fucked shit up for you guys this year and you could have a really good candidate and still lose...might as well plan for '12 at this point.

Since the majority here hates anything to do with dem's, though...I'll keep on topic and discuss the repubs...

I'm ok on Huckabee and McCain....Mitt seems a little slimey to me and rudy is a giant douche. Ron Paul is a little looney, but I actually like him....at least he (of all candidates, repub or dem) seems to be the most honest, even if what he says is a little out there sometimes...

I think we can talk about everyone. I'm not really sold on any one candidate, republican or democrat. Mitt also seems a little smiley to me as well. I think you're wrong about the Dems having this locked up. They have a rich doctor who claims to be a common man, a black guy and a woman. Sorry, thats not a lock. Most of the country is conservative and I'm still not sold on the moderates supporting Obama over a McCain or whoever. Its no brainer over Hillary and Edwards.

I really dont think the primary today will be interesting. I think it will be interesting after South Carolina. Then we might see some repubs drop out...(Thompson , maybe Guiliani).

#7 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12934 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:59 AM

Iron my shirt!

Hillary Video.... emot-xd.gif

#8 atlHUSKER

atlHUSKER

Offical Obama A.S.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11730 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:10 AM

Shit, I didn’t even realize Thompson was even in it anymore….talk about a terrible campaign from the beginning…he must have had the polar opposite of a Carl Rove helping him….

Yea, you could be right about the dem’s not having it all locked up….but I think the repub’s have already started at a disadvantage (having to separate themselves a bit from the incumbent party) and started to push themselves further back when they kept pulling the religious-‘vote on values’ card that works on dems, on each other and then it became a bit of a pissing contest of “who’s more religious” and splitting hairs on the issues/values…but, you’re right….we’ll never know the true disadvantage of someone being black/female when the individual voter is behind the curtain…

Can someone clarify this for me though:

When I was at the Obama campaign earlier this year, they mentioned something about Obama needing to *win* the South Carolina primary in order to even be on the ballad for Georgia…does anyone know how that works?

Posted Image

#9 mNhhh

mNhhh

Karma's my bitch!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21041 posts
  • Interests:Football, Golf and Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(atlHUSKER @ Jan 8 2008, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shit, I didn’t even realize Thompson was even in it anymore….talk about a terrible campaign from the beginning…he must have had the polar opposite of a Carl Rove helping him….

Yea, you could be right about the dem’s not having it all locked up….but I think the repub’s have already started at a disadvantage (having to separate themselves a bit from the incumbent party) and started to push themselves further back when they kept pulling the religious-‘vote on values’ card that works on dems, on each other and then it became a bit of a pissing contest of “who’s more religious” and splitting hairs on the issues/values…but, you’re right….we’ll never know the true disadvantage of someone being black/female when the individual voter is behind the curtain…

Can someone clarify this for me though:

When I was at the Obama campaign earlier this year, they mentioned something about Obama needing to *win* the South Carolina primary in order to even be on the ballad for Georgia…does anyone know how that works?

The ballad?

emot-xd.gif

111px-091407-USCNeb-HerbieHusker.jpgimage818_1.gif  unicorn_pride_07-25-071.jpg

#10 Husker Hunyock

Husker Hunyock

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9850 posts
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

I really don't see New Hampshire meaning a whole lot. Both Clinton and GW lost this primary on their first go round. Right now it is still a glamor contest. I don't really prefer any of the contestants other than Fred Thompson, but he doesn't seem to want to be running. Both Huckabee and Obama keep taking about change but don't tell you what they plan on changing. I obviously can't stand Hillary but at least she tells you what she stands for. If she wants to win though, she needs to quit having her husband come to her defense and do it herself. As she falls, watch out for Edwards getting stronger. He is as smarmy as Hillary but he has learned how to shine a turd almost as well as Bill. Guilliani doesn't seem to have alot of support outside the Northeast so I don't see him having alot of staying power. McCain doesn't have a whole lot of support in his own party.

right now, I would say that Romney will have the staying power to win the Republican nod and if Hillary doesn't get her shit together, watch Edwards sneak past Obama for the Dems.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

-Thomas Jefferson

#11 atlHUSKER

atlHUSKER

Offical Obama A.S.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11730 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(harstad @ Jan 8 2008, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Iron my shirt!

Hillary Video.... emot-xd.gif

that's pretty fucking funny.....but probably helps her "i am woman, hear me roar"-type campaign
Posted Image

#12 atlHUSKER

atlHUSKER

Offical Obama A.S.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11730 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(mileNhalfhighhusker @ Jan 8 2008, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ballad?

emot-xd.gif

spelling smack dry.gif brilliant input from you, as always...

now go clean the miller chill you threw up last night because that 3rd bottle was 1 too many...

oops....forgot:
fyoucchorn.gif
Posted Image

#13 MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs

Step 2 of a 1 step banning program

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7722 posts
  • Interests:Fun
  • Colorado

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(Coop @ Jan 8 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huckabee is only useful because of the Chuck Norris connection. I'd vote for him if he won the nomination and made Chuck Norris his running mate. Chuck would kill him in his sleep the day of the inauguration, and take the presidency. Actually I think in that case Chuck's right fist would be the President and his left fist would be the Vice President.

Then he'd cure cancer with one of his tear drops and give everyone in America a free Total Gym! Sweet. laugh.gif

#14 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12934 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

Huckabee vows to defy birthright citizenship

January 8, 2008

By Stephen Dinan - Mike Huckabee wants to amend the Constitution to prevent children born in the U.S. to illegal aliens from automatically becoming American citizens, according to his top immigration surrogate — a radical step no other major presidential candidate has embraced.

Mr. Huckabee, who won last week's Republican Iowa caucuses, promised Minuteman Project founder James Gilchrist that he would force a test case to the Supreme Court to challenge birthright citizenship, and would push Congress to pass a 28th Amendment to the Constitution to remove any doubt.

The former Arkansas governor thinks the case against U.S. Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean was railroaded, Mr. Gilchrist said. Ramos and Compean are serving lengthy prison sentences for shooting a fleeing drug-smuggling suspect in the buttocks.

"I would make it my first act as president to pardon agents Ramos and Compean," Mr. Gilchrist said Mr. Huckabee told him. "I regret that they have spent yet another Christmas locked up in a windowless cell like animals and unable to be free and with their families."

Mr. Gilchrist, who campaigned with Mr. Huckabee in Iowa last week, said Mr. Huckabee explained his positions in a half-hour conversation on the campaign trail.

"I read back my notes to him twice and I told him I did not want to put words in his mouth," said Mr. Gilchrist, who also issued a press release from the Minuteman Project detailing Mr. Huckabee's positions. "The guy looked me right in the eye."

Campaign spokeswoman Kirsten Fedewa said Mr. Huckabee intends to review the case against Ramos and Compean as one of his first acts as president, but she didn't otherwise dispute Mr. Gilchrist's quotes as provided by The Washington Times.

Miss Fedewa said Mr. Huckabee and Mr. Gilchrest are "united by a mutual desire to end illegal immigration and are political allies toward that end."

Mr. Huckabee has defended his policies on illegal aliens while he was Arkansas governor. He pressed for illegal aliens to gain college tuition benefits, complained about federal immigration raids in his state and declined to have state police enforce immigration laws, although the state legislature gave him the authority to do so.

Mr. Huckabee now has adopted one of the strictest immigration platforms of any campaign. He has proposed a policy requiring all illegal aliens to return home and apply for immigration through legal channels.

His new position on birthright citizenship also puts him alone among the candidates. Many legal scholars say the 14th Amendment, which says "all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States," grants automatic citizenship to any baby born in the U.S., except in diplomatic cases.

Members of Congress have never tried to change birthright citizenship by law.

Mr. Huckabee told Mr. Gilchrist that he supports a Supreme Court test case but also would encourage Congress to introduce a constitutional amendment to exclude from automatic citizenship any children born to illegal aliens.

Mr. Gilchrist endorsed Mr. Huckabee last month and has campaigned with him ever since. Mr. Gilchrist said Mr. Huckabee is the best candidate on the immigration issue still in the race and who has a chance of being the presidential nominee.

Others calling for stricter immigration policy have accused Mr. Gilchrist of opportunism and backing a bad candidate.

Brook Young, who runs ImmigrationWatchdog.com, produced a Web video criticizing Mr. Gilchrist's endorsement. Mr. Gilchrist fired back last week with an e-mail that appeared to threaten to publicly accuse the man of being a pedophile.

"I have been hearing on the blogs, over the telephone and through e-mails that you are a pedophile, Brook. Will that accusation also reach the news media soon?" Mr. Gilchrist wrote. "If the blogs and e-mails say so, then aren't you guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt?"

Mr. Young posted the e-mail on his Web site and said he had to go public because Mr. Gilchrist has exceeded the bounds of the immigration debate, "to promote and actually lie about Mike Huckabee and his immigration plan and his past record. Now we feel like we have to say something."

"It's crazy," he said. "You get e-mails from this guy and it's like this guy is truly out of his mind."

Mr. Huckabee has promised to run a clean campaign. William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee, said Mr. Gilchrist's campaigning reflects badly on Mr. Huckabee.

"He's an intrinsic front-row part of the campaign who's sending out e-mails to people who oppose Huckabee to try to lie about them," said Mr. Gheen, who has tangled with Mr. Gilchrist and is trying to block Mr. Huckabee from winning the Republican nomination.

Mr. Huckabee's campaign said the governor was not available to comment on the e-mail exchange.

Mr. Gilchrist said he was not accusing Mr. Young of pedophilia, but making a point about making up charges.

He also said he was not speaking on behalf of Mr. Huckabee when he sent the e-mail, and that the criticism pushed him to the limit.

"That was a private e-mail and what I was doing was setting up an example: 'This is what you've done to me, I'm not going to do this to you, but how would you like it if I did this to you?' " Mr. Gilchrist said.

Im all for sending the Illegals home. Im more for keeping them out in the first place. But for generations people born in America were Americans. It says something about our freedom and means something about our land that people have fought and died for. If you're lucky enough to be born here, you are an American.

Stop them at the fucking border. It all comes down to that.

#15 atlHUSKER

atlHUSKER

Offical Obama A.S.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11730 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:45 AM

Interesting….i don’t know the details of that birthright citizenship amendment, but off the bat- it seems that it could be taken down the ‘slippery slope’ argument and is a bit of a crutch to border patrol policy….idealy, if the border was patrolled better and majority were stopped, then the %-age of birthright citizenship by illegal immigrants would be extraordinarily low and not even an issue. It’s like focusing on abortion, because ‘birth control’ is too hectic of a project….if you stop the problem (illegal immigrants), there is little to no side effect (birthright citizenship by illegal immigrants)….

Seems he’s just hoping on that bandwagon a bit to get a large number of conservative votes that have this topic as top in their list of issues…his amendment would probably never pass, and therefore he’s doing a little pandering now, by suggesting it…..but, then again, he’s a politicians…and all those scum bags pander…. icon_mrgreen.gif

Posted Image

#16 TJAK

TJAK

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

If the dems win may keep me out of another tour to Iraq (doubt it though) but will pussify this country beyond recognition. Funny the dems are all excited by an inexperienced know nothing who "speaks well". Meanwhile our commander in chief has endured more than any previous President I know and is kicking the enemies of our country's asses in the street. You think Calahan was bad get a democratic President with a Democratic House and Senate. Government of wealth redistribution and entitlements. Still hopeful in a split government for whatever reason our country always seems to work better that way.

#17 L Buff

L Buff

Only mostly dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11795 posts
  • Interests:Football, history, beer, football, beer, Marg Helgenberger on CSI (she's hot ... even if she is from NE!), football, beer (all in no particular order)
  • Colorado

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:11 PM

Mr. Huckabee has defended his policies on illegal aliens while he was Arkansas governor. He pressed for illegal aliens to gain college tuition benefits, complained about federal immigration raids in his state and declined to have state police enforce immigration laws, although the state legislature gave him the authority to do so.

Mr. Huckabee now has adopted one of the strictest immigration platforms of any campaign. He has proposed a policy requiring all illegal aliens to return home and apply for immigration through legal channels.

Gee .... flip-flop much? rolleyes.gif

#18 L Buff

L Buff

Only mostly dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11795 posts
  • Interests:Football, history, beer, football, beer, Marg Helgenberger on CSI (she's hot ... even if she is from NE!), football, beer (all in no particular order)
  • Colorado

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(TJAK @ Jan 8 2008, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the dems win may keep me out of another tour to Iraq (doubt it though) but will pussify this country beyond recognition. Funny the dems are all excited by an inexperienced know nothing who "speaks well". Meanwhile our commander in chief has endured more than any previous President I know and is kicking the enemies of our country's asses in the street. You think Calahan was bad get a democratic President with a Democratic House and Senate. Government of wealth redistribution and entitlements. Still hopeful in a split government for whatever reason our country always seems to work better that way.

In deference to your service, I will only say that I actually agree with your last sentence.

#19 Scrotum McDick

Scrotum McDick

Karma's Bitch 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12934 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(atlHUSKER @ Jan 8 2008, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting….i don’t know the details of that birthright citizenship amendment, but off the bat- it seems that it could be taken down the ‘slippery slope’ argument and is a bit of a crutch to border patrol policy….idealy, if the border was patrolled better and majority were stopped, then the %-age of birthright citizenship by illegal immigrants would be extraordinarily low and not even an issue. It’s like focusing on abortion, because ‘birth control’ is too hectic of a project….if you stop the problem (illegal immigrants), there is little to no side effect (birthright citizenship by illegal immigrants)….
Seems he’s just hoping on that bandwagon a bit to get a large number of conservative votes that have this topic as top in their list of issues…his amendment would probably never pass, and therefore he’s doing a little pandering now, by suggesting it…..but, then again, he’s a politicians…and all those scum bags pander…. icon_mrgreen.gif

Im not sure who would be swayed by this.

I want the border closed to illegals and when they do come over the get sent back immediately. No cities harboring them. No jobs for them. You want to come over, do it legally.

Close the fucking border now.

#20 atlHUSKER

atlHUSKER

Offical Obama A.S.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11730 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:13 PM

Well, right…it will suck to have a dem pres with a dem house & senate ….just as much as it did when we had repub’s running the table. The current president has fucked a lot of shit up, lets face it….and even the repubs are shying away from his “tuff guy” international politics…and I know this isn’t a popular opinion, but “kicking the enemies of our country's asses in the street” shouldn’t be the only thing our country needs to be doing in the international world, and unfortunately that’s kinda all we have been doing
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users