Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Interests:Stirring the pot.
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:53 PM

He is now headed to Cal. This is the second 4* recruit that we've lost in the last three days. Rivals confirmed.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#2 Coloradosker

Coloradosker

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3504 posts
  • Interests:Huskers baby!
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(Boxcar Willie @ Dec 21 2005, 01:53 PM) View Post

He is now headed to Cal. This is the second 4* recruit that we've lost in the last three days. Rivals confirmed.

Shocking.
There are offensive geniuses up and down the block, some real and some like Dan Hawkins, who either can't find a quarterback or doesn't recognize one.

Posted Image

#3 BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger

(Jersey Retired)

• White Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6496 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:09 PM

BRR has him listed as a 2* JUCO DE. He can be replaced.

#4 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

"autoerotic asphixiation"

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14613 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(BigRedAvenger @ Dec 21 2005, 02:09 PM) View Post

BRR has him listed as a 2* JUCO DE. He can be replaced.

he will be a hell of a player whereever he ends up...

I think that he is 23 years old having already served a tour in Iraq...

and has 3 years of eligibilty remaining.

6-6 and 275 lbs would have been a hell of a base end at NU...

however, if there is one position that NU is deepest (both in bodies and talent) it is DE, and is the position, imo, that NU can most afford to lose a recruit at.

Rulon would have been a great addition, but if he wants to play somewhere else, fine. I hope it is for personal/family reasons and not because he changed his mind, because of all his talk about "his word" and "commitment" and what it means, etc, etc

he and Potter would have been in the same class in regards to eligibility, though, and Steinkuhler and Blankenship are also still around to compete to see who will be Carriker's successor

there is also a ton of talent on the open end side as well.

good luck to him wherever he goes.

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#5 BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger

(Jersey Retired)

• White Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6496 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Hoosier_Husker @ Dec 21 2005, 01:32 PM) View Post

he will be a hell of a player whereever he ends up...

I think that he is 23 years old having already served a tour in Iraq...

and has 3 years of eligibilty remaining.

6-6 and 275 lbs would have been a hell of a base end at NU...

however, if there is one position that NU is deepest (both in bodies and talent) it is DE, and is the position, imo, that NU can most afford to lose a recruit at.

Rulon would have been a great addition, but if he wants to play somewhere else, fine. I hope it is for personal/family reasons and not because he changed his mind, because of all his talk about "his word" and "commitment" and what it means, etc, etc

he and Potter would have been in the same class in regards to eligibility, though, and Steinkuhler and Blankenship are also still around to compete to see who will be Carriker's successor

there is also a ton of talent on the open end side as well.

good luck to him wherever he goes.

You have to wonder if he let the staff know himself, or if he just sent his letter to Cal without telling them? If he did, he can feel free to blow a knew with Ms. Freeman for waiting until the last minute to notify them. icon_twisted.gif

#6 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14613 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(BigRedAvenger @ Dec 21 2005, 02:36 PM) View Post

You have to wonder if he let the staff know himself, or if he just sent his letter to Cal without telling them? If he did, he can feel free to blow a knew with Ms. Freeman for waiting until the last minute to notify them. icon_twisted.gif

he reportedly took an official visit to Cal this past weekend, whether he notified the coaching staff prior to that trip I dont know...

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

#7 Waylon Van Smack

Waylon Van Smack

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Bluejays, Fishing, Hunting, Waylon Jennings Fucking Rules!!
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:59 PM

You want to go after this type of talent this kind of shit will happen. He sounded like a quality man but most of these kids are prima donna’s, they have everybody and their uncle telling them they are this or that to the point they start believing it.

NU is better off finding out now then on signing day so I will give him that much but other than that he can hopefully slip on a bar of soap in spring camp.

"Colorado's football tradition was built on the standard of Nebraska," Klatt said. "So in order to maintain the tradition of pride in our program, they'll continue to be our benchmark."[font=Book Antiqua]

#8 Boxcar Willie

Boxcar Willie

cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7312 posts
  • Interests:Stirring the pot.
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Waylon Van Smack @ Dec 21 2005, 02:59 PM) View Post

NU is better off finding out now then on signing day so I will give him that much but other than that he can hopefully slip on a bar of soap in spring camp.

Today is signing day for JUCO, shithead.
"We don't point the finger around here we point the thumb." Bo Pelini responds after another sluggish offensive performance. Not sure which game since our offense is always fucking awful.

"I think we can be real stout against the run, and I think our secondary is going to be really good. I mean, there's potential for us to have our best defense we've had here." Carl Pelini assesses the 2011 defense during spring ball.

"We play to win Championships. If you don't win a Championship it isn't a successful season." Bo's comments during fall camp 2011.

We didn't win a championship but it isn't always about winning championships." Bo Pelini responds after finishing the season 9-3 and a third place finish in the Legends Division.

"We played sloppy." Bo Pelini responds following 2009 TT, 2009 ISU, 2010 SDS, 2010 A&M, 2010 Holiday Bowl, 2011 CHATT, 2011 Fresno ST, 2011 Wisconsin, 2011 Northwestern, and Michigan 2011.

#9 BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger

(Jersey Retired)

• White Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6496 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

The important thing to remember is that Rulon's word is everything. He said so himself. fyoucchorn.gif

#10 fdbrian

fdbrian

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17262 posts
  • Interests:All things undead
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:56 PM

I'm a big fan of Rulon Gardner, not this Rulon so much.

#11 Hoosier_Husker

Hoosier_Husker

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14613 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(fdbrian @ Dec 21 2005, 04:56 PM) View Post

I'm a big fan of Rulon Gardner, not this Rulon so much.

I think that MB is a big fan as well, something about both being members of the missing digit society.

#12 Waylon Van Smack

Waylon Van Smack

Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Huskers, Bluejays, Fishing, Hunting, Waylon Jennings Fucking Rules!!
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(Boxcar Willie @ Dec 21 2005, 03:38 PM) View Post

Today is signing day for JUCO, shithead.

that is actually a very good point. icon_redface.gif so........ at least we have a month left to get a HS player???? blink.gif

"Colorado's football tradition was built on the standard of Nebraska," Klatt said. "So in order to maintain the tradition of pride in our program, they'll continue to be our benchmark."[font=Book Antiqua]

#13 MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs

Step 2 of a 1 step banning program

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7722 posts
  • Interests:Fun
  • Colorado

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(Hoosier_Husker @ Dec 21 2005, 04:03 PM) View Post

I think that MB is a big fan as well, something about both being members of the missing digit society.

IPB Image

#14 GBL

GBL

(Jersey Retired)

• Scout Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4421 posts
  • Interests:Football, beer, family, gardening, reading, teasing old men on the internet
  • Colorado

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

http://blog.myspace....c6-f95cca61cc5a

1:48 PM - To the Fans and press
Current mood: irritated
Category: Sports

Due to the hate mail I’ve been receiving I will be terminating my account with my space. Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions of my life and I would like to make it in peace. I’ve been reading everything that is written about me. People who don’t even know me think they have the right to question my integrity. Who do you think you are? To the writers and reporters saying my word doesn’t count for nothing, I say “shame on you”. Nobody has that right to judge me but God. These past few days have been very upsetting for my family and I. Please allow me my right to make a sound decision. Please stop calling my phone and reposting my personal messages on other websites. A good fan doesn’t impede on peoples right to privacy. Believe me, the things the fans are doing is making the situation worse. Some things have been brought to my attention and that’s the reason for all of the confusion. My word is the same as before and I can choose to call or talk to anyone I please. I want to thank all of the GOOD fans for their support. This all will be cleared up on Wednesday December 21, 2005. Take care and always trust in the Lord.

One Love….

Nebraska fans are sucking... icon_mrgreen.gif

#15 Blackshirts75

Blackshirts75

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2004 posts
  • Interests:eh?
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:31 PM

Rulon is full of shit. My word is my bond. Bullshit. We cooled on other prospects because of him and then he switches at zero hour? And dont have a fucking recruiting blog if people saying stuff on the fucking INTERNET is going to make you sad. Cocksucker must have been awol the day in the Marines when they taught what Semper Fi means.
I need only two things to live, ribs and bj's.

#16 Samurai Husker

Samurai Husker

Space Herpie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(Blackshirts75 @ Dec 21 2005, 09:31 PM) View Post

Rulon is full of shit. My word is my bond. Bullshit. We cooled on other prospects because of him and then he switches at zero hour? And dont have a fucking recruiting blog if people saying stuff on the fucking INTERNET is going to make you sad. Cocksucker must have been awol the day in the Marines when they taught what Semper Fi means.

Um... hey, Marine... did the big bad internet warriors upset you?

Dude is a fucking attention whore.

Get in line with Freeman's old man, whore.

The Tao of TO: There's a difference between standing there looking confident because you are confident, and standing there looking confident because you're just that dumb."

#17 KILLERKORN

KILLERKORN

MIGHTY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:REDHEADS WHO LIKE FFL.
  • Nebraska

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE(Blackshirts75 @ Dec 21 2005, 10:31 PM) View Post

Damn right! His word is his bond? Gag me with a Fucking Eagle and fowled anchor!

#18 DiggerDog

DiggerDog

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13155 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Hunting, Fishing
  • Nebraska

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(Boxcar Willie @ Dec 21 2005, 12:53 PM) View Post

Even a few young punks can and do see Callahan and Co. for the frauds they truly are.

QUOTE(GBL @ Dec 21 2005, 09:09 PM) View Post

http://blog.myspace....c6-f95cca61cc5a
Nebraska fans are sucking... icon_mrgreen.gif

But NU fans are the classiest fans in all sports
"He asked if his contract was being terminated. I said, 'Yes, it was.'

#19 BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger

(Jersey Retired)

• White Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6496 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE(DiggerDog @ Dec 22 2005, 06:27 AM) View Post

Even a few young punks can and do see Callahan and Co. for the frauds they truly are.
But NU fans are the classiest fans in all sports

Our overall classiness level has gone up in recent weeks due to certain defections fyoucchorn.gif

#20 cornbred19

cornbred19

yummy goodness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2977 posts
  • Interests:NU Football, padres, chargers, golf, bowling, parlor games and keeping my sanity...
  • Nebraska

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:47 AM

http://www.journalst...f6259854001.txt

haines and palmer sign while spain will be counted towards the 06 class...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users