#1 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:40 PM

I'm sure some of you played this for XBox already, but I just picked it up for PC. Runs very well on my system, but this first asteroid is a pain in the ass. It's not very clear on telling you where you should be going. I was kind of surprised that I killed HK-47.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I get about 40 FPS at 1600x1200 with:
2500+ @ 2800+
1 gig ram
9800 @ 371/314

Which isn't too shabby at all. Good game, feels like the original, I'd recommend it to anyone who liked the first one, or who likes Star Wars, or who likes RPGs.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am master of my fate and captain of my soul.

#2 Coop

Coop

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16360 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:12 AM

Heheh... You got messed up at the voice transcoder thingy...

You're a good long way from a lightsaber yet... What are you playing as?

#3 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(Coop)
Heheh... You got messed up at the voice transcoder thingy...  

You're a good long way from a lightsaber yet... What are you playing as?

Finally got off that rock and got to a planet, where I promptly got swamped with half a dozen quests.

In KOTOR 1, I went for a light side male with balanced fighting/force skills.
This time through, playing the most evil female I can. Going almost exclusively force powers ... going to get lightsaber deflection and that's about it for lightsaber skills.

Wish it didn't crash so much ... had about 3 crashes in one hour last night. :roll:
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am master of my fate and captain of my soul.

#4 IronMike74

IronMike74

Varsity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Football, Pro-Wrestling, Basketball
  • Nebraska

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:17 PM

I liked the game when I was playing through it simply for the fact that it plays like the original which i played through 4 times. However I really did feel robbed of the ending. I don't know which has the worst ending, KOTOR II or Halo 2. The shitty thing is that I hear that the light side ending and the dark side ending are not too different from each other. Great game with a bullshit ending.

#5 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(IronMike74)
I liked the game when I was playing through it simply for the fact that it plays like the original which i played through 4 times.  However I really did feel robbed of the ending.  I don't know which has the worst ending, KOTOR II or Halo 2.  The shitty thing is that I hear that the light side ending and the dark side ending are not too different from each other.  Great game with a bullshit ending.

Can't be much worse than the light side ending in KOTOR 1. Never played through as dark side, so maybe that ending was better, but the boss fight at the end was simple and the ending cinematic -- Thanks for saving the galaxy, we might need you again one day! -- was disappointing.

I also wish they'd make the game a little more difficult. From what I understand, the level cap is 50. I'm at 20ish right now and haven't come close to dying in ages.

#6 Coop

Coop

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16360 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:24 PM

The whole last chapter sucked... It plays against the strengths of the game, and a couple portions made no sense, because they had no effect on the outcome.

#7 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 15 February 2005 - 03:45 PM

Coop or IronMike, can you tell me how far I am from choosing my prestige class? I finished up the urban city planet and the Mandalorian moon, now working my way through the planet by that moon, the one that is about to revolt against the Queen. Still have two more planets on my map after this one.

#8 Coop

Coop

(Jersey Retired)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16360 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:02 PM

If you're > 15, have Visas in your party, and are like 70% or greater to either side, talk to Kreia.

#9 bipolar

bipolar

(Jersey Retired)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • Nebraska

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(Coop)
If you're > 15, have Visas in your party, and are like 70% or greater to either side, talk to Kreia.

Ah, just need to kill a few more innocents then. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users